1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Infop on Red Dot Sights

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by loophole, Feb 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. loophole

loophole TS Member

I've got an inexpensive red dot sight on my rifled shotgun and it enables me to get the sight picture quickly. A friend told me that in dim light it would not be the best. Would appreciate any thought on this type of sight. Specifically what kind.

2. phirel

phirel TS Member

For me, the red dot sight would be great after I painted it black. I don't want to be distracted by a front sight unless I am shooting a rifle. If you are shooting the shotgun as a rifle, I would paint the red sight white. Fingernail polish was specifically made to paint sights.

Pat Ireland

3. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

What are you talking about? Hunting gun or trap gun? Electronic sight? HMB

4. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

If you are talking about a red dot optic, they are great in low light conditions. Perfect for .22 rifles, slug guns, etc. where you want to shoot quickly at moderate ranges. This isn't something that will work on a trap gun though.

If your talking about a big 'hi Viz' bead on the end of your barrel then I can't help you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.