1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Info wanted on Silver Seitz

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Ted K., May 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ted K.

Ted K. Member

I'm more than a little curious about Silver Seitz shotguns. So far, all I have figured out is that they are

1. in the same price range as Perazzi, Kolar and Krieghoff

2. About as heavy as a Kolar or Krieghoff (say 10 pounds)

3. Fairly nice looking

4. Fairly rare, particularly in an O/U configuration

5. Much loved by their owners.

Does anyone have one, or has anyone shot one? If so, here's a couple of questions:

How does it open? I note that it has no top lever, nor a button at the front of the trigger guard, like a Ljutic.

How does it shoot?

Has anyone put a high rib on one?

What makes it worth the price?

I would greatly appreciate hearing from anyone who has had hands-on experience with one of these guns.

Thanks.

Ted K.

2. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

The gun opens by pulling the trigger gaurd back. It has a rifle style firing system very, very fast lock time, I don't know of any faster. Personally to me it feels like a Model 12 when you mount it. Very Low recoil, used ones can be had for $7995 up any POI you could want from a fixed rib to an adjustable rib.

Call Richie at 410-329-6801

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

3. Texshooter

Texshooter Member

Nice gun, pretty gun, reliable, gorgeous... glad I sold it! Great for singles, hard to shoot handicap consistently. Especially hard to shoot high handicap targets (even Gary Sherrod can't). They put too big/heavy a stock on the back (a mistake Ljutic is doing now as well). The heavy stock in back moves the balance too far back and adds unnecessary weight. Most shooters start with a 34" barrel and change to a 35" to balance it or they try adding a forearm weight (mistake) and try to hold out on the very end of the forearm to get better control. Then they sell the first gun and try the Titanium action to go lighter, but I feel that the mistake is that beautiful, huge piece of adjustable overweight wood in back.

If I had it to do over, I would start with a smaller/lighter butt stock and get a 35" barrel and see if they will make a longer forearm. Watch what is for sale and how people shoot them, you may agree. I hate to see Ljutic doing the same thing with their guns. The original (Tom) Seitz probably had better balance and feel. My opinion only, but it cost me $20,000 and two years to figure it out. Now you can start the flames! AJ

[​IMG]

4. alf174

alf174 Member

#4 is only half right.

5. Ted K.

Ted K. Member

Which half?

6. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

i love mine. picked it up used from shotgun specialities and never looked back. love it. shoots handicap and 16's like dust. hard to use on doubles. Got my finger caught in the action once trying to load the second shot too quick. Other then that it is fantastic. Mine has a pfs stock but it really does not need that as the recoil is really low. I agree with dr. longshot above. motordoc

7. alf174

alf174 Member

o/u's are rare. nice guns, you can't go wrong unless you pay too much for a beater.

nice wood there Tex

8. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Wondering how much weight do you think the overweight big stock added to the gun? Also does anyone know what wood would be lighter but usable for a trap gun? Don't try & tell me balsa.

Phil Berkowitz

9. kolar1

kolar1 TS Member

BEST; MOST RELIABLE; BEST SERVICE; QUALITY OF THE GUN IS AWESOME.DAVID SHAEFFER THE CLAY TARGET CHAMPION AND SINGLES RECORD SETTER SHOOTS ONE.HANDLES REALLY SMOOTH VERY LITTLE RECOIL; RELEASE TRIGGERS ARE AWESOME;HAVING OWNED ALL THE BRANDS SEITZ SEEMS THE BEST FOR ME.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.