1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Info Wanted on Kolar T/C Model

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by citadel, Sep 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. citadel

citadel Active Member

I am looking at getting a Kolar shotgun set on a trade. I have been offered a Kolar T/C model and I can not find out much about that particular model anywhere on line. Can anyone of the hundreds of helpful shooters here on Trapshooters provide me with any information on this model? What years was it made? Any particular problems or issues with this model? How many T/C's were made? How is Kolar to work with on service and repairs. Any information that you can provide would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,

Doug

2. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

All Kolars are the same (w/ the exception of the single shot). The T/C is just the trap version.

3. bjk1972

bjk1972 Member

The T/C is the standard rib trap model.The T/C comes as a O/U, un or top single, and a combo set.Its still a current model although the "max" high rib model is the one really being advertised.Earlier guns came in .740 bores opposed to .750 now. Dont think that there as been much of a mechanical change in them since the start, however the recievers underwent a cosmetic change around 700 serial number (Kolar was removed from sides). I have a early model t/c combo and its a great gun that I think I bought well. The service from Kolar is very good. I've called Keith up there many times with silly questions and a part or two. He has always gone the extra mile to help me out. Like Dixie said above check out the website, it has the T/C featured.

4. citadel

citadel Active Member

Thanks for the above suggestions but are there not differences int eh barrels, rib heights, adjsutable/non-adjustable barrels etc? The web site does not even mention the T/C model. They have new models out and the T/C is not one of them thus not much help there. Anyone else have any good info?
    Thanks,
    Doug

5. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

TC is their "trap combo" standard rib configuration. The unsingle is an adjustable rib and the O/U is a fixed rib as pictured above. This is also available in a top single combo as well. Both barrels on the top single combo have fixed ribs.

Other models are shown on their website. Max T/A High Rib combo and Max T/A Std Low Profile rib combo both available in top or unsingle with O/U and all have adjustable ribs.

All the models listed above are available in .740 bore or .750 bore.

Customer service??? The Very Best on this planet and American made to boot.

Don't settle for less.

Good luck, I know you'll be satisfied with your purchase.

6. citadel

citadel Active Member

Thanks to everyone for the excellent information.
    Doug

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.