1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Info Wanted: Digital Music Technology, MP3, etc.

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Chango2, Nov 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Hi,

Many talented people come to this site. Question; I am rather old school, but am trying to conserve some old cassette recordings to digital that will play on car CD. I am using a Grace machine, a little home consumer unit. I have saved some files as .wav, but my car cd does not reconize those on the cd.

(Eventually, I want some old vinyl to be archived too..when I figure that out...)

Any thing I am doing wrong that is glaring?

Also, the machine will make some nice MP3 files that I can listen to on computer. Anybody can recommend: A decent quality mp3 player and FM) transmitter to adapt to my car's radio? Actually, my "car" is an '07 Chevy 3/4 ton with the factory am/fm/cd player/xm set up. No outside aux jack that I can see.

Thanks and regards,

DAvid

2. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Click on the URL above. I use this to convert computer .wav files to a CD for the car.

3. RLC323

RLC323 Member

As far as the truck hookup those FM transmiters for MP3 players are better than nothing. If you live in a rural area and can find an open FM frequency you will be ok, anything near a metroplitan area and not so good. Sound quality leaves a lot to be desired on the one we had. I think it was a griffin unit that Best-Buy sells.

Now if your 07 has auxilury input jacks on the back of the reciever, and an aux switch on the front you may be able to patch in with an adapter of 2 male RCA plugs that go to a single mini-female plug.

Another option is to go to Crutchfield and order a replacement in-dash stereo with the mini audio input jack for the 07. They have adapters that make it easy to hook up through your current speakers and power plug. They also provide good instructions about how to remove the front of the dash plate, and how it all hooks up.

4. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

If you have .Wav files, you need to convert them to an "Audio CD" format. A program like Nero will do that for you almost automatically. Even some versions of Windows can do this through Windows Media Player. As far as archiving Vinyl, the first thing you need is a decent Turntable that can be adapted to your computer. The computer should have a good audio processor and you can buy a program that will save the files in a readily convertable format. Some of the better programs will have noise filters to reduce background noise from the LPs. Do a trial run before doing too many, so you can tweak the process a little if needed. I'd hate to see someone spend the time to archive 100 LPs and find out the recordings are not up to par. Like loading 50 flats of bloopers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.