1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Info / Perazzi Grand American

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by PhillyD, Jul 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PhillyD

PhillyD Member

Can one of you Perazzi experts tell me the difference between a Perazzi Grand American 88 and a G A Special 1.I would like to know the value difference (price) and the difference in the guns them selves.When they were made? Blue book price? ...Any info would be appreciated. Thanks Philly D

2. gottago

gottago TS Member

Buy the Grand American 88 and forget the GA SP 1.

3. PhillyD

PhillyD Member

Gattago,
    Have any reasons for your answer? Thanks

4. gottago

gottago TS Member

PhillyD,
    If your new to the trap game and looking for something to shoot a GA in mint condition would be a good start.

5. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

Only in mint condition? I guess I gotta throw mine away. Jake

6. gottago

gottago TS Member

Depending on condition and price maybe PhillyD may be interested in buying.

7. joehunter

joehunter Member

The GA 1 is a nonadjustable unsingle combo. The GA 88 is a top single combo with the same rib height as a MX3 or MX3 Special. Both have the same lock up as a MX8. Both are great guns.

Thanks,
    Joe

8. PhillyD

PhillyD Member

Joehunter...
    Thanks for the information.Do you know what the price might be for each gun in 95% condition.( Which is more expensive in the same condition)). Also Joe,do you have any idea when the GA1 was in production .Thanks again Philly D

9. gottago

gottago TS Member

If your looking to make a purchase check out the new BT. You can buy a new one with all the bells and whistles for about the same money for a older used GA P and it will last a lifetime.

10. joehunter

joehunter Member

Philly,

The GA1 was made in 1980 til the early 90's. They are both in the similar price range between 4000 for a well used combo and 5500 for mint combo. It all depends on condition and barrel lengths. It seems today that everyone wants adjustable ribs and it hurts these guns. I have a MX3 Special combo and love it. It is basically the same gun as the GA 88. Giacomo can rebuilt either gun too for $400-500. Good luck.

Joe

11. gottago

gottago TS Member

If having an adjustable rib and stock is not an issue a Remington 1100 is hard to beat.

12. PhillyD

PhillyD Member

Joe... Thanks for the information it was very helpful.

Gattago..Thank you also for your help. The GA1(unsingle combo) is in 98% condition. 34in unsingle with 32in wilkinson tuned double barrels. Thanks again guys. Philly D

13. gottago

gottago TS Member

That really does sound like a nice GA 1 combo. However, if you haven't committed to purchase yet you should shoot an 1100 then decide. Also, take a look at the 870TC. Really nice guns!

14. gottago

gottago TS Member

PhillyD,
    You really got my interest level up to look for the "perfect" trap gun. Well, I think I just bought that perfect gun. You must try the new Huglu 4E Trap. When I shouldered the gun I was hooked. The gun comes with an adjustable stock and choke tubes with wood thats unreal. I'm telling you this gun points like nobodys business. Good Luck

15. gottago

gottago TS Member

Hey PhillyD,
    What ever you do don't buy the Huglu 4E Trap. I had a rough time breaking birds with it. Although, another guy shot it and liked it so I traded him for his Valmet Trap O/U. What a beauty! There not cheap but worth the extra money. If you like the GA1 you'll definitely like the Valmet.

16. PhillyD

PhillyD Member

Gattago (Major Tom?)
    Thanks for your help but I have a line on a Mossberg pump 16in barrel ported and choked by Wilkenson for $6100.00. If he takes off the 100.00 I'll buy it for $6000.00 Maybe you might be interested in trading your Valmet for it and I'll give you a few dollars . Let me know if you have any interest in the deal. If you live in Fla, I have a buddy there that has the gun now .He broke 200 doubles with it Sunday....

17. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

I had a grand american 1 combo and liked it

not sure why you are getting all the wise ass comments on here- small minds and other body parts probably identify those posters

your question is a good one

regards

Gene

18. PhillyD

PhillyD Member

Thanks Gene.Just needed some info. Joehunter tried to help me out.(and did) But that Gattago sounds like a mental midget. I think he plays with his firing pin too much. :>

19. gottago

gottago TS Member

PhillyD,
    Hey Hey getting a little cocky ain't you!
    And Another thing thats way to much money for a Mossberg. If your gong to spend that kind of money your better off with the combo!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

what year was the perazzi grand america 2 made