1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

INFO ON WINCHESTER 101 ?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by hoghunter, Aug 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hoghunter

hoghunter Member

I RAN ACCROSS A GUY WITH A WINCHESTER 101 DIAMOND GRADE, COMBO WITH AN UNSINGLE WITH SCREW IN CHOKES & THE O/U BARREL THE BOTTOM HAS SCREW IN CHOKES & THE TOP WAS FIXED.
    BUT THE BOTTOM BARREL IS ABOUT 3/4 OF AN INCH SHORTER, HE SAID THAT THIS IS THE WAY THE GUN CAME FROM WINCHESTER?
    IS IT POSSIBLE OR HAS IT BEEN CUT & THREADED?
    THANKS FOR ANY HELP YOU CAN GIVE ME, AS I AM INTERESTED IN BUYING THIS SET IF ITS RIGHT
    JR

2. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

This is factory work. The barrel was cut slightly shorter, so it could be used with a then-current extended win-choke. Double check your measurements, the bottom barrel should be closer to 1/4" shorter, not 3/4".

3. hoghunter

hoghunter Member

I WILL TRY TO GET THE MEASURMENT, WHAT WOULD THIS COMBO SET BE WORTH? IT HAS A FEW MARKS ON THE STOCK, METAL 90 % WITH WINCHESTER HARD CASE. IT ALSO HAS MONTO CARLO STOCK
    THANKS
    JR

4. spritc

spritc Active Member

JR, the one I owned years ago kicked me like a mule. You should shoot it, if you can, before you buy it.

Good luck,
    Steve

5. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

check the gun auction sites, gunbroker, autionarms, and gunsamerica (put .com after them to get the site). You may be able to get a good idea what a similar setup gun would be going for. Someone else on here might have an updated bluebook price they could share. If you have your heart set on a 101, check the above link. He has lots of 101s and if he doesn't have what you want, he can built it for you from parts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.