1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

info on sx-1 trap needed

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by valmet, Apr 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. valmet

valmet TS Supporters TS Supporters

found a sx-1 trap for sale it has m/c, 30" i/m bbl.very very pretty wood(90% plus) bluing is very good, recoil pad has been replaced "good job". i don't know the difference in ribs or trigger groups. the rib is slid on dovetails but don't know whats holding it there. there are no screws that are visible. also i didn't check the trigger out as it had a lock on it and the guys at the store were busy. the bbl looked very good. writing looked very crisp i don't believe the bbl to be reblued. also very little wear in the action. what should i look for in the trigger and bbl when i go back? were the sx-1 bbls drilled to accept a spring deflector? almost forgot the s.n. is #M83553. any help is appreciated. dennis. p.s.what is average$$ for something like this?

2. dagnarble

dagnarble TS Member

If the front of the trigger is serrated (grooved) it is an earlier stage one trigger. If the rib does not have a screw in front of the front bead that is the newer rib. No the barrels are not drilled for wire deflector but it is not a hard job. Hope this helps

3. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

That is a near the end of production gun...last ones were in the 88,000 sn range. If it's all still original, it will all be Type 3....trigger, barrel, etc.In true 90% shape it should bring about $750 or so, IMO.

Ken Rucker

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.