1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Info on St Charles gun club in Elburn il.

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by pgaphillip, Oct 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pgaphillip

pgaphillip Member

I may be changing gun clubs. Does a anyone have information on St Charles gun club. Do they have leagues? When can you shoot? Dues, prices. What type of games can you play? Trap, 5 stand, sporting clays, etc. Most of all what are the members like?
    D. Phillips

2. rhymeswithorange

rhymeswithorange Member

You have an IM

3. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Nice facility, Trap, Sporting, small bore Rifle/Pistol, Skeet, pond for Fishing and I believe limited access to upland on other property... website listed above...

Jay

4. Wolfman

Wolfman Member

You have a PM

5. Fanugee

Fanugee Member

Diito what Spitter said.
    Great place. Friendly people. Excellent trap leaugue. Sporting clays is always improving. 3 Gun shoots. 22 shoots. Upland hunting. Come visit and enjoy.

6. pgaphillip

pgaphillip Member

Thank you for the info gentlemen. Looks like a great place.

7. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

What are the members like?

I've made some life long friends at St Charles. OTH, there are some folks I don't care to associate with.

Before anyone says a thing, St Charles is no different than any other Club or organization. We have people from all walks of life - Retired guys, Business owners, cops, firemen, attorneys, plumbers, electricians, earth movers, tech gurus etc.

To quote Fanugee "Come visit and enjoy". PM me if you like.

Gene in Illinois.

8. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

And one "title guy"

9. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

I'd be concerned about any club that would actually have me as a member (lol)...

Jay

10. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Great place to shoot I have a shooting membership ( they let me in) I shoot SC and trap. Everyone I've meet has been nice so enjoy

11. djldb6

djldb6 Member

I have been a full member for a couple years now. I am not a frequent flier there but I have found everyone approachable and friendly and day to day things are well run. They are clearly putting significant effort into upgrading the facilities and it shows. I really like what they have done with the wireless thrower and key systems on skeet and SC. The trap fields are nice and although I think they are transitioning to voice release systems, I still like having the scorers throw the birds on "pull" because they keep score on practice rounds, which is a nice style point (vs. self serve voice release fields elsewhere).

I rarely use the pistol range but it is quite nice as well, completely rebuilt and upgraded since I joined.

No club is perfect and the only thing I "wish" SCSC had more of was skeet. There is only one field and it doesn't face North. It would be nice, in a perfect world, if the club put an overlay field on the last trap station but I don't know if there is room enough space or budget wise to do so. It's a small point and does not impact my overall satisfaction with the club.

Dan

12. djldb6

djldb6 Member

Hi Jim,

That makes sense. I thought it was more a function of not having enough room without having to sacrifice the patterning area which has the berm next to it. Again, this is a small issue, a "wish list" sort of thing. Doesn't impact my satisfaction with the club at all since I like doing different things at different clubs. I suppose the only impact is that it does result in my shooting skeet more often at Downers (another club which I like a lot) since they have more skeet fields vs. SCSC.

Dan Levinthal

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.