1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Info on SKB

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by yakimaman, May 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yakimaman

yakimaman Well-Known Member

Was at one of the vendors at Cardinal this afternoon and saw a used SKB 785. Appears to be a nice gun - Nice wood,lots of engraving - action was stiff and seemed to be locked up about as tight as a bank vault - but the lever was just a hair off center to the left. Someone told me this was an "Ithaca" import. Anyone have info - good, bad, looking for a doubles gun.

2. Ohio Bob

Ohio Bob Member

Not a Ithaca import. Nice guns, very pretty. Most people that have them, swear by them.

$600.00 to $700.00 depending on condition. My guess is if it is tight, someone messed with it to make it easier to open and they didn't know what they were doing.

They will last a long time and SKB in Omaha can help with working on it.

IMHO

OB

3. postmastertim

postmastertim Wheels are falling off.... TS Supporters

SKBs use a modified greener cross bolt. The lever close to center should be no issue.

Tim

4. Rick Turner

Rick Turner Member

Yak, PM sent

5. alf174

alf174 Member

I have a 585 Gold O/U, been a good gun, bought new and developed a crack behind the tang and SKB fixed it no question, plenty of gunsmiths will work on them, just a little light (weight) for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.