1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Info on Rottweil 72 Trap unsingle

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Redcobra, Nov 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Redcobra

Redcobra Active Member

A guy at the club wants to sell me a Rottweil 72 Unsingle trap gun. I shot it and got one of the best scores I have ever had. Barrel says made in Italy. It seems pretty old and has a funny looking set of bands around the muzzle. Has an adjustable rib and adjustable comb. Appears to have a removable trigger group. It is in overall good shape, although the forearm has some play and the gun is a little loose (opens and shuts very very easily)but locks up tight. The lever is somewhat left of center.
    The gent is asking $1100 for it.
    Any input on this gun will be appreciated.
    Thanks
    Alan

ps: I have never had a single barrel trap gun and was told that this is a better gun than a BT-99. One concern of course is parts if necessary.

2. guinner16

guinner16 TS Member

did the barrel look something like the one in this thread?
    http://www.trapshooters2.com/noframes/cfpages/thread.cfm?threadid=225726&Messages=15

I just did a quick search and all I found were combo's priced anywhere from $2,200ish to $2,600ish. I didnt see any unsingles only but that was 5 minutes worth of searching.

3. chipking

chipking TS Member

My first real Trap gun was a Rottweil AA72 combo and they will always have a special place in my memories BUT. If it is loose and the lever is left of center it is in need of a rebuild. A rebuild is NOT cheap and just finding parts or someone who will work on the Rottweil at all will be a time consuming job. They are great guns BUT they are about at the end of life stage. Anything over $900 as you describe it sounds like too much to me.

--- Chip King ---

4. shotgunpeople

shotgunpeople Active Member

Here is the "Go to Guy" for Rottweil parts and service.

I still have mine, great gun !!! Lock lever left of center snce I bought it years ago..Chris has offered to tighten her up with a refit lock up bar but I just keep on shooting it with no problem.

If you begin to have a miss fire, it's time for a new hammer spring, Chris has them ! Also the hammer spring retainer (Stock one) is a very fragile thing and Chris makes replacement that are indestructable...

Just the Unsingle I would guess would be $900.00 or so, and another $200 or so to tighten it up. It could be more or less, just my best guess on a tightening job.

E-Mail: Crvcustomarms@yahoo.com

Phone
    Work: 585-730-8166
    Cell: 585-330-8161

Home Address:286 FARMINGTON RD.
    ROCHESTER, NY 14609-6753

5. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Thats a fair price for a nice one, not that many around, if you want a release trigger for one, that is not a good idea factory could not make mine work for any length of time. Trigger looks a lot likme a Perazzi out of the gun, has leaf springs. Very good adjustability on POI.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

6. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

I got my Rottweil NIB about 1982. I have had mine rebuilt 3 times. They are great guns. How ever there are only three gunsmiths that will work on them. I will second who told you about Chris in NY. He is a good person to work with. I would call him as soon as you can and see what he wants to rebuild the gun. If you are not willing to pay to have it rebuilt you had better pass on the gun. The $1100.00 he is asking is high as far as I'm concerned. I would say $600 to 700 would be more like it. You will then have to look at how much you will have to spend on rebuilding it.

7. Redcobra

Redcobra Active Member

guinner16:
    Yep, that's it. Single barrel only though.
    Thanks
    Alan

8. shotgunpeople

shotgunpeople Active Member

Redcobra,

Just a side note...

Chris Vendel was the very first person in NY State to ever run a 500 straight in a singles marathon..

What gun did he use ?

A Rottweil !

Dave in SC

9. over the hill

over the hill Active Member

I shot one at the Grand when they first appeared.

The swing was smooth and felt great. Mfg by Feli Gamba, Italy and dist. by Dynamit Noble. Removable trigger group finished very well.

They were displayed at the Shot Show, and Gamba also had a table with the same gun (unmarked) for considerably less.

The person I was with commented to Dynamit about the same gun elswhere, and an hour later it was gone at Gamba.

Regards....Gerald

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

just time rottweil

rottweil 72 aat hammer springs

rottweil hammer spring