1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Info on Richland Mod. 810 OU 10 Ga. ???????

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by WarEagle2017, Aug 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WarEagle2017

WarEagle2017 Active Member

does anyone have any info on a Richland Model 810 10 Ga. made in italy, cross bolt locking system imported and sold by a company in Michigan -- Blissfield.

2. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Make sure the skiff has a good stout bottom.

HM

3. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

I have owned 3 of them. What do you want to know about them? Jeff

4. WarEagle2017

Well SuperxJeff I'd like to know about their Quality, and what you guys think that they would be worth in very good condition, and maybe age ( like when they were made etc.

5. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

They are of good quality. They will break a trigger spring now and then and they can be tough to find. Some of the guys had there leaf springs converted to coil springs. The chokes are awesome for lead shot but too tight for steel. I suspect that they would be awesome with Hevi shot although they might require having the chokes opened up a bit. I would pattern it and see what is required, It may require nothing?? I sold my last 810 and started shooting SP-10 Remington's and I must say that I like them a whole bunch better. The Remington SP-10 doesn't even come close as far as patterning goes to the Richland 810 with lead shot. My Richland 810 wouldn't pattern anything bigger then size BB in steel so I sold it and started up with the Remington SP-10's. The Remington with a briley IM choke just hammers geese and ducks with size TT shot at 70 yards.
    If you just want to shoot a turkey with say 2 OZ of lead 5's the Richland will sure do that well. I bought my first one in 1982 and used it for years with lead size #2's and Copper BB's. It had no equal. I bought a back up in 1990 and it patterned just like the first one did. If I was going to shoot much lead I would buy another 810 but since it is against the law and I have an 8Ga Magnum I will use it if I ever feel inclined to run afoul of the law!
    The guns were built in the 70's and Perazzi's they are not but I doubt many could wear one out shooting turkeys. In the days I used mine I shot 150 ducks and 40 geese per year with a 10 bore and another 100 ducks and 20 geese with a 12. My guns never needed anything but hammer springs. I bought two of them for less then 600 and one for 450.00. If they were legal for lead I would gladly pay 800 for one that was near new. If you compare the Armsport and two others I have seen but can't remember the names of, the Richland is so much nicer that the difference is the difference between an HR single barrel and a BT-99 single barrel. Other then having a custpm gun built I believe the Richland is the nicest O/U 10 Ga magnum you will find. Good luck and if you plan to feed it lead, let me know and I can share my data on what worked for me. Jeff

6. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Hi, I found this one on Gunsamerica. I don't know how long it has been there or if they still have it.Price: $799.00
    Ask Seller A Question

10 ga. over and under with 3 1/2 inch chambers and 31 1/2 inch barrels choked full and full. Made in Italy. Double trigger. Nice walnut with original recoil pad. All 99%
    This is a Richland 810. P.S One of our guys had his converted too a single trigger. It never worked properly and frequrently it would double on him. Don't ever wrap your fingers around both triggers in order to "Save Time" as soner or later you will pay.Jeff

7. WarEagle2017

Thanks for all the info guys I bought this one ( the 810 Ou ) at the Grand from Dawsons for $400 I just could't pass it up for that price, bore size is 19.6 Mil which equals .772 Bore dia. I need a new battery in my digital calipers to measure the chokes, but is sounds like I may have to get it opned up for steel if it is choked like superxjeff's or maybe I can just use Heavy shot, I think heavy shot is legal for waterfowl ???

8. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

You bet it is(Hevi shot) I wish hevi had been around when I was getting rid of mine. 400 bucks was a great buy. My first one was a 99% gun that I paid 450 plus freight. In 1982 or so. If you ever decide to sell the gun let me know. I could talk myself into another. The chokes will be full and full of course and the guns were built tighter then they needed to be. If you ever shoot Hevi shot in it let us know how the patterns look at 60-and 70 yards. My 810's would consistantly put 70 copper plated Lawrence magnum Lead #2's in a 30 inch circle at 70 yards. They would also do between 40 and 45 BB's. Snow geese at 75 yards were like shooting trap doubles when they came straight over. POP- POP and two dead geese were on the way down. Those were the days. Jeff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

richland model 810 shotgun

model 810-10ga

richland model 810 shotgun used for hunting

richland shotguns 810

richland trap shotgun made in italy

shotgun richland 200 10 ga