1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

INFO****ON***PONSNESS***WARREN***

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by hounddog41@charter.net, Jul 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hounddog41@charter.net

hounddog41@charter.net Member

Would like some info on a Platnum 2000 Ponsness warren reloader. First of all are they a good loader? This one has the short dies. Very clean would like a price for a used one thanks in advance. I know they dont make it anymore. alex KOtter

2. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Contact Whiz White somtimes he has used reloaders for sale.

3. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I have a 2000, no probs at all 8 years still going strong

4. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

The Platinum no longer comes with short dies, if you mean the "shell holders" that measure about 1" in height. Otherwise the dies are 2½" tall: Shell Holder=1", Dies=2½".

It could very well have the short "shell holders" as P/W did offer the Platinum in both configurations initially. If it has the shell holders, then it should also have an aluminum cylinder (turret). All present Platinums have a Grivory (black plastic) turret. I always preferred the aluminum.

Consequently, I personally prefer the 800 Plus because of the aluminum turret.

Both are good reloaders if you get a used one that has not been "played with." One can adjust them such that they have problems, but those can be rectified with proper adjusting.

I don't have any used one here. I am trying NOT to get into the used market. It is difficult at best to determine the value of a used reloader over a phone call or email. I just about have to have the machine sitting here at the shop, to look it over carefully. Unfortunately, that requires a fair amount in shipping, and then if we can't agree on its value, then shipping gets worse when it has to be shipped back. Therefore I try not to get into used.

Whiz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.