1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Info on Personel Electric Trap

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by motordoctor, May 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

I want to buy a personal electric trap for use with freinds. I have looked at Otters, Champion, DualAll, etc. Can you give me some sugestions of what you think for reliability and maintainability at $2,000 or less. Will hold 100 or more clays. Thanks. MotorDoc

2. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

Give Promatic a look. They have a lot of different sizes and most can be run on a 12 volt battery if needed.

Jim

3. mr.mark

mr.mark Member

My only problem with Do-all is the fact that they require a little effort on your part to make them work for trap. Including modifying the target feed mechanism so it will reliably feed and throw targets. But after fixing mine I haven't had any trouble. With the exception of a motor that went out the other day after only about 50 cases through it, but DO-ALL sent me a whole new motor and wiring harness free of charge. Can't beat their customer service. Here is an old picture of mine, I have added several things to it since this pic was taken. It now has a small gas engine hooked up to an alternator that provides plenty of power to keep shooting. I also have a wireless voice release so I can shoot any where I want whenever I want. My only fault with this machine is the fact it only holds 40 targets. I'm currently building another portable machine with a winchester western machine and one of the conversions from western retro, so I can also shoot doubles.

<a href="http://s155.photobucket.com/albums/s312/numberonemrmark/?action=view&current=DCP_1420.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

<a href="http://s155.photobucket.com/albums/s312/numberonemrmark/?action=view&current=DCP_1405.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

4. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

looking at the champion trap but the have some gun club style and some lightweight ones. hello guys help before my friend spends him bucks on the wrong thing

5. traploader

traploader Member

<embed width="448" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://i67.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid67.photobucket.com/albums/h308/traploader/MOV01315.flv">

MotorDoc,

I make the Western Retro Automatic Doubles ATA Trap shown here. Throws 50 doubles or 50 singles. Loads international or standard clay pigeons. Includes oscillation and 100' pull cord. 120 V AC. Wobble kit & voice activation sold separately. Quality commercial machine. $1995 plus freight.

Ian Brotherston Western Retro Products Ltd.

6. 101Diamond

101Diamond TS Member

Not familiar with the others but I have had an Outers SST for several years and it has been completely reliable. Comes with a 100 foot release cord but they also have a voice unit for it as well as an occilating base. Only loads about 55 birds at a time. Can Google Outers for more information. Runs off a 12 volt battery.

7. wizard!

wizard! TS Member

I have 2 beomats for sale, single machine had 480,000 birds through it in excellant condition mjt400, Also have a MJTD600 converted to MTD600. does double, singles and wobble. make an offer , current offer is 1500 for singles and 2500 for doubles. Double machine has 440,000 birds through it
    Joe

8. Shotgun Specialties

Shotgun Specialties Active Member

Check out our OnTime Wireless Solo Set which works super on all trap machines, especially the personal units. Thanks, Doug @ OnTime Wireless/Shotgun Specialties, 1-800-344-7468

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.