1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

INFO ON PERAZZI RELEASE

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by KEYBEAR, Dec 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

I went with a friend yesterday as he bought a very nice Perazzi TMX. The gun came with two triggers a pull and a release . The pull trigger is numbered to the gun but the release trigger is not and not like any we have seen . I believe it to be a early Perazzi release trigger . The question is how to tell ??

Thanks

2. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

A picture would be a big help

Ed Yanchok

3. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

I have two release triggers for my 1982 TMX. One trigger is supposed to have been built by Cole the big Beretta dealer in the East and the other trigger was the original trigger converted to a release by a local Edmonton gunsmith using official Perazzi release trigger parts that were actually shown on the Perazzi parts list explosion diagram.

4. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

I will get a picture asap . I shot the release yesterday and it,s not a bad trigger . I have see most release triggers and never seen one like this . It set very lite just about no feel to it but the let off fine .

5. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

OK I found out what it is . After looking at the parts book that came with the gun I found the Perazzi release parts it,s the same .

6. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

You said "It set very lite just about no feel to it", I would be very nervous about that and have a gunsmith tune it to get at least a 4 1/2 lb Set and 1 1/2 lb Release.

7. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

MikeTMX I don,t think the trigger is unsafe . When it,s set you have it and it feels fine . I never had a release trigger set like this . I only shot 25 rounds with it but was comfortable with it .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.