1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

**INFO**on Perazzi barrel repair work-NEEDED

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by trapshooter5, Jun 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trapshooter5

trapshooter5 Member

Who out there is capable of resoldering Perazzi barrels and reblueing? I know Giocomo used to do them,but he's retired (?)..Any experiences with Dan or others?

2. SMITH47

SMITH47 Member

Dan restored (nickeled receiver, blued barrels, refinished wood) an MX8/20 for me and it actually looked better than new !

ernie

3. trapshooter5

trapshooter5 Member

I am mostly concearned about resoldering o/u barrels..heard about problems with POI after they have been done...Anyone had a set done??

4. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

I recently had a set of DB-81 O/U barrels done by Giacomo's. Dan re-soldered the side ribs and blued the barrels and they are fine. If you don't feel comfortable sending the barrels to Dan, send them to Lucio at Perazzi USA. He will do an excellent job as well....... Just my experience.. Dan Thome (Trap2)

5. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

another option is to get rid of the side-ribs all together and have simmons put on krieghoff barrel hangers...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.