1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

***Info on Metal Shell Box Holder***

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by gdbabin, Sep 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

I'd like to buy a couple of the flat metal box holders I see sometimes. So far I can't find them on the Web. They fit on a belt and resemble a large money clip that you slide the back of the shell box on. Any help?

I want to wean myself from my shooting vest, and I'm taking up doubles this year. It must be better to carry the weight on your waist rather than pulling down on your shoulders.

Guy Babin

2. Texas Ton

Texas Ton TS Member

This is as light as you can get, I think.

I have Lonesomes stuff too, and it has served me well.

3. zinger

zinger Member

Shamrock Leather and Lonesome Charlie's sells them.

4. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

You can also get them from Shotgun Sports Magazine's website.

Ed

5. Cat Fish

Cat Fish Member

http://www.devaultind.com/double%20shell%20holder.htm

Devault Ind. has what your looking for.

Try the link above.

Bill

6. guncase

guncase TS Member

Try Brunson Leather Products,,,, if it breaks,, I replace it!! See it at warwickguncase.com Paul

7. sglfr45

sglfr45 TS Member

I have a slightly used one for sale. $20.00 shipped to you. This is the one on Devault industries website. I also sell Brunson leather goods for Paul at the above post. Check us out! Whatever you decide, I hope you enjoy it. Matt - Woodson Enterprises

8. Trapshooter

Trapshooter Well-Known Member

Dennis Devault designed and makes them. Be careful. There are some imatations out there that are made with a steel clip that does not hold the box very good. It's no fun picking up the shells. My son and I both use Dennis clips with out a problem. Todd

9. jbmOU

jbmOU Member

I bought one from shamrock leathers and have had absolutely no problems with it. Some people don't like these holders because they say you have to ruin some boxes to use it, but you really don't. All you have to do to put a winchester or similar box on it is, peel back the part that is glued and tuck it into the bottom of the box, then put a piece of tape on either side. I have gone through a lot of shell holders since I started shooting and this is by far the best one yet.

10. The Rock

The Rock Active Member

Is this what you are looking for? If you want it email me an addy and I will shoot it out to you. I won it at the Ohio state shoot in 2004. Of course if you are a Michigan fan it is out of the question for you. LOL

I don't use it because all my boxes are glued at the bottom. I had to turn the boxes that I have upside down and tear the bottom flap lose from the side of the box.

Rock

Jim

11. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

I appreciate all the responses. To those who sent Email I will respond directly.

Thanks again,

Guy

12. N. J. BOB

N. J. BOB Active Member

Look at shotgun sports magazine Sept. issue page 75. It is called a " folder holder".

13. jbmOU

jbmOU Member

For the boxes that are glued at the bottom, just peel back the part that is glued and tuck it in the bottom. It turns them into a remington style box and does not ruin them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
brunson leather metal box holder
brunson leather shell box holder reviews
metal clip shotgun shell box holder

metal shell box holder

metal shotgun shell box holder
why are some shotgun shell upside down in holders