1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

info on ljutic dynokic

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by lewddt10, Feb 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lewddt10

lewddt10 TS Member

My wife bought a dynokic. Just wondering if anyone out there has one and
    what they think of it? Do you have any problems with these?
    Thanks, Jeff

2. crew

crew TS Member

I have a dynokic supreme I like it have owned a mono. If you reload cheddite primers are bad mine will puncher about one out of ten as that firing pin has a lot of power with that piston slamming forward,I haven't had any problems with any other primers. I got a few mixed up trying to use up the cheddites in a different gun ,I got crud infront of the piston that holds the firing pin so the pin didn't come out quit as far I didn't notice at first but I started to get a few miss fires, just pulled the trigger and cleaned it. I don't want to shoot cheddites anyway. Ive heard from another shooter they shoot high mine is about 80% but I use it for mostly H.C. anyway so I like it. I would think they would have build them from 60/40 on up?..

3. perazzitms

perazzitms TS Member

I owned one. It's a low recoil gun. Shoots well, but has some major problems:

Ass end heavy to beat the band. All that recoil stuff in the stock is heavy.

Speaking of all that recoil stuff, treat your stock like it was made of gold. Replacement stocks just are not out there. BTW, difficult to get a real adjustable comb and not just a sliver of wood on top that moves around due to all the recoil stuff in the stock. Also (can you see a trend here), the grip is terrible. The top (where the thumb wraps around) is too high due to (you guessed it) the recoil stuff in the stock. I didn't like my square forend. The gun doesn't beat you up shooting, but I found it just plain uncomfortable to hold.

Service by Ljutic is double what a mono gun is. I had to pay them $15 for a manual (still have it framed in the gun room - fine art doesn't cost that much). Triggers - another rare bird. $400 from Ljutic for a release **conversion**.

Piercing primers-----boy, did I ever pierce primers. The 'thrust hammer' thing doesn't have any rebound action. I pierced every one and every thing I put in it except for Remington. Had steel hull shells get stuck (shot an entire singles event once with an old credit card in my belt to pop every hull out). The ejector spring just doesn't have enough ass to push a tight hull out. Keep it clean and it will help, but by the time you get 30 birds under your belt, they are getting stuck.

I hate to rain on anybody's parade, but I'm just being honest. If you wife likes the low recoil, it's not a 'bad' gun per se', but it does have problems.

4. redhawk

redhawk Member

I've got a Dynokic Supreme.Fantastic workmanship on gun,no problems what so ever,no kick,no problems with shells or primers,has an adjustable comb from the factory with a full cut of the stock.I shoot nothing but reloads, only problem with sticking hulls is if I use a hull that has had to many trips thru the reloader, you can tell if it is going to stick if you have to force it into the chamber. By the way, I primarily use the cheap Top Gun hulls with the steel bases to reload. Ljutic told me there are only about 250 Dynokics and included in that amount about 35 are Supremes. A great gun in my opinion and very rare.

5. buzzgun

buzzgun Member

Sometimes they don't like cheap, steel-base brands of shells...won't extract (keep your "wad popper" handy, because you can't easily get a fingernail around that chamber design and under the rim).

Other than that a good gun.

6. old tex

old tex TS Member

I have Centennial SS #22, it is very low recoil (main reason I bought it),

It has very fast lock time, a geat release trigger, gorgeous english walnut stock (Wenig stocked it) etc. etc.

Yes the extractor doesn't like some shell brands but I just stay away from them.

Great gun, great company IMO.

Dick Lindsay

7. lgunluvr

lgunluvr Member

I own a Centenial Pro (the Dynokic's replacement). I've experienced NO problems with my gun. Fast lock time, low recoil, special wood; hand selected by Al Ljutic. The Ljutics are great to deal with, I believe that your wife will enjoy her Dynokic!

Jack Heckeler

8. Dynokick189

Dynokick189 TS Member

Love mine. And like anything else, it takes a bit of getting used to (try finding all the new switch positions on a new car by feel sometime, and you'll know what I mean).
    Great folks to deal with.
    No problems after 10's of K's of shells through it.
    Yes, you do have to watch the stock a bit... it tends to be thin around the grip, so you have to be cautious in disassembly.
    Can't imagine shooting another gun.
    Mike

9. crew

crew TS Member

I don't have any problems with cheap shells and load with both a mec9000H and a P.W. 2000. And its only the cheddites I had primer problems with. I did ask about some of the differences between a supreme and a Regular dynokic and was told the supreme has a improved trigger and there rib stakes also lean forward they may have a little nicer wood. I like the gun and plan on keeping it I got it from a friend who bought it new who had several Ljutics. Another friend had one and sold it he had bought a different stock for it said it cost about 1100 dollars I think it was kinda nice wood also. But I had a Mono gun they wanted about 900 for a stock for it also. If you like them there good..

10. lewddt10

lewddt10 TS Member

11. Wentez

Wentez Member

I have Dynokic #57. Jimmy Ljutic made a conversion of my extractor to a Selka type. Positive extraction of any steel based hull - no extractor spring - a mechanical leverage push. I will be at the SW Grand if anyone wants to look at it.

George Wentz

12. Beancounter

Beancounter TS Member

Tis a bit late to ask the question. There are no new ones so hopefully you got a good price on the used one your wife bought. They are built like a brick ---- house, beefy barrel, thrust hammer provides very fast lock time, not many moving parts, easy to disassemble. On the other side, they do not eject shells, they only extract them. This means that hulls can get stuck and require a wad knocker. So if you get a bit un-nerved if/when things go wrong... an adjustable comb is out of the question unless you get a custom stock and a new rib or riser.

13. old tex

old tex TS Member

My Centennial Pro has an adj. comb from the factory, entirely satisfactory.

14. glenn mcleod

glenn mcleod Member

I have 2 and Tom Larkin put an adj. comb on them both and also adj. butt plates. probably 50,000 thru the 1 and the other is new and gathers dust in the gun safe. You only have to buy one as they just keep ticking. Like the rest say, don't use the metal base shells and stay away from cheddite primers if you reload. Al told me to stick with Rem. shells and although I've tried them all the Rem. does work the best. Not a bad choice. Glenn

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
jack heckeler florida
ljutic dynakic supreme

ljutic dynokic

ljutic dynokic for sale
ljutic dynokic shotgun for sale
ljutic dynokic supreme
ljutic dynokik
ljutic shotgun disassembly