1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Info on Lanny Basham Cinic

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by peculator, Jun 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. peculator

peculator Member

Has anyone taken the Lanny Basham Mental Management Shooting Clinic??? Any comments and ideas are welcome.
    Regards KayCee

2. Wolfman

Wolfman Member

never taken the clinic, but his tapes are great!

3. OhioGal

OhioGal Member

I have the book and CDs not sure I would pay for his class since none of it is on shooting, from a few that have taken Leo's class I understand he talks about mental game also.Lanny discusses more about your practice prepare for shoot off just all mental he assumes you know how to stand, hold your gun. And make your shot, what he does do is tell you about negatives and how it imprints when somebody would say they dropped 2 birds etc.

Deb

4. OhioGal

OhioGal Member

I have the book and CDs not sure I would pay for his class since none of it is on shooting, from a few that have taken Leo's class I understand he talks about mental game also.Lanny discusses more about your practice prepare for shoot off just all mental he assumes you know how to stand, hold your gun. And make your shot, what he does do is tell you about negatives and how it imprints when somebody would say they dropped 2 birds etc.

Deb

5. Flatsboat

Flatsboat TS Member

I have his CD's and they are real dry, almost painful to listen to. His main focus is on the mental game which seems to breakdown on many shooters. What you might not know about him is he was a champion air rifle shot, don't know if he ever shot any clay targets.

6. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

Lanny Bassham was the Small Bore Rifle Gold Medalist at the 1976 Olympic Summer Games, and the Silver Medalist at the 1972 Olympic Summer Games. Winning the Silver, actually losing the Gold, is what started his study of the mental aspects of winning.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.