1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Info on K-80 shotguns

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by roger stoddard, Jan 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. roger stoddard

roger stoddard TS Member

What's the best place to find good reading material on K-80's and K-32's ? Also can someone tell me if the odd looking K32 trigger feels as odd as it looks? Thanks Roger

2. MTA Tom

MTA Tom Active Member

The Krieghoff UK, Krieghoff Australia and Krieghoff Germany sites are worth looking at.

http://www.krieghoff.co.uk/pressmedia.html

http://www.krieghoff.com.au/index.htm

http://www.krieghoff.de/index.php?id=5&L=1

And there's always Krieghoff International's site with Art Carter's "Krieghoff Story".

http://www.krieghoff.com/ki/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=47&Itemid=34

3. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

I had a Model 32, and found the flat narrow trigger very uncomfortable. I would have had a briley conversion, or at least a trigger shoe if I'd have kept it. I'm a trigger slapper, so if your a squeezer, your results may vary. I have the same problem w/ the stock Remington 1100/870 triggers as well.

4. DB Bill

DB Bill Active Member

If you shoot wearing gloves, especially in cold weather, you'll appreciate the K32 trigger.

I do, however, like you prefer the shape of the K-80 trigger + the fact that it can be moved back and forth.

5. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

I have a model 32 and a K-80 now. There is a trigger shoe on the model 32 trigger. I find the 32 trigger uncomfortable and that is why I bought the K-80 internals from you, so I can take a ride to the other side of the state and have Krieghoff Int. install them. Mike.

6. roger stoddard

roger stoddard TS Member

Thanks everyone ! Good luck with the conversion Mike, it should look nice when you get it done. Roger

7. sebaka

sebaka Member

Theory on the design of the original model 32 trigger was to allow positive contact with the trigger all the time. If you look at a Remington 870, 1100 etc. the trigger shape on these guns are pratically identical with the model 32. I have shot several model 32's with the original trigger. Never had an issue with any of them. However when the gun is ready for a rebuild, the Briley trigger modification or update with a K80 trigger is a good update for the Krieghoff Model 32. The Briley conversion/mod to your original trigger is substantially less money than a K80 trigger. Also, if it is not broken it does not need fixing.

8. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

There is a reason for the 32's trigger design. That mechanism rocks or lifts when fired. The K-80 trigger looks and feels nice, but it is possible to pull it wrong, ie: down or straight back, and not even go off. You can get the impression that it pulls too hard, lighten it up, and then have the gun double. K-guns don't like extremely light trigger pulls!

9. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Euro Joe has it right

The K32 trigger blade was designed for a specific let off every time- it looked different than americans were used to so thus you have looks vs function

They actually advertised the design at the beginning

Compare it to an international rifle trigger

Having a briley trigger shoe conversion is going backwards -

I actually have hunted with lighweight K80s over the years- have one now- and have put a k32 trigger in each one - more room in the trigger guard- it cant loosen up and more consistent letoff while wearing gloves

Regards from Iowa

Gene

10. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Ditto Gene; I shoot a M.32 exclusively at the moment and have shot it for roughly 8 years for skeet, sporting, 5 stand, and trap doubles while shooting newer guns for trap singles. I could never find the trigger of the M.32 as odd, different, or a problem in any fashion. My gun is maintained by a retired Krieghoff employee from Germany and he thinks folks that change the trigger mechanics in any way are simply misled by thoughts of others that are misled.......breakemall

11. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

More of this rediculous right hand fixation by trapshooter! Shoot a game where you have to move the gun and forget the small stuff!

12. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

Twenty five years with K-32 triggers and I have no desire to change the trigger to the K-80 design.

13. Rebel Sympathy

Rebel Sympathy Well-Known Member

Me neither, eightbore. I like Model 32 triggers. And I have shot both the Kay-8-T and the Thur-T-2.

Truth be told.... there are guys who are having 32 triggers put into their K-80's from what I am told by a "Kriggy" gunsmith friend of mine. But, they don't want anyone to know. Go figure........

As my wife always says.... "Men are never satisfied until they "----" it up".

Mikey D.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.