1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Info on H&K Fabarms Sporting Clays Extra 28"

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by carlschmarl2, Jun 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carlschmarl2

carlschmarl2 TS Member

Can anyone give me any info about the gun/make/model/company?

How reliable are they? Any parts breakage issues?

Where can I find customer service in the US if I need any springs and/or any other work done to it? I'd hate to spend the money on a nice, unique gun only to have it become an expensive paperweight.

Also, where can I find chokes and other accessories for it?

The one I'm looking at doesn't have an owner's manual or many chokes...and I'd like to know there is a company or someone in the US that will back up any issues with this gun.

Thanks.

Carl

2. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

Info on H&K Fabarms Sporting Clays Extra 28

Don't get hung up on the "H&K" factor. I have seen sellers try to play these H&K imports as being a real H&K made gun. WRONG!! H&K never made shotguns. As Steve indicates, H&K was just the importer, not the actual manufacturer. It's a Fabarm produced gun so it should be priced according to used Fabarm gun values, not because it has H&K stamped on it.

3. dss8110

dss8110 Member

THE AUTOS MADE BY FABARMS HAVE A PROBLEM.I LOOKED AT 3 USED ONES, THE BOLT WOULD NOT LOCK BACK ON ALL 3.THEY WERE ON 95 PERCENT OR BETTER.HOPE THIS HELPS.

4. Mike Battista

Mike Battista Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

If this is what you are looking at, this is from the Blue Book.

Sporting Clays Competition Lion Extra Add to Collection
    - 12 ga. only, 28, 30, or 32 (new 2003) in. unported (mfg. 2001-2004) or ported (mfg. 2000 only) TriBore VR barrels, regular walnut or black competition checkered stock and forearm, adj. cheekpiece, case colored receiver or 100% carbon fiber metal finish, includes 8 choke tubes, locking fitted luggage case, approx. 7.8 lbs. Mfg. 2000-2004.
    Grading 100% 98% 95% 90% 80% 70% 60%
    $1,700 $1,450 $1,200 $975 $850 $750 $675
    Last MSR was $1,925.
    Add $74 for case colored receiver with gold inlays and set of 8 choke tubes (mfg. 2004).

Mike Battista
    Silver Dollar Firearms

5. carlschmarl2

carlschmarl2 TS Member

It's an O/U with just two chokes. I liked the uniqueness of the "carbon fiber" finish.

Are there any current/up-to date websites Fabarm? I know HK was the importer, but I can't any info or contact info for Fabarms.

If it breaks, I'd hate to have an expensive paperweight with no support or places to get parts.

6. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Currently there's no official US importer for Fabarm since the last importer Tristar stop the relationship in late '09.

If your Fabarm was imported by H & K, check with them for service references, All Fabarm shotguns import by H & K are covered by their lifetime warranty (to the original owner), H & K must be capable of servicing it.

The "carbon fiber" finish is a water proofing film, sometimes it'll peel from the muzzle, I advise you shoot with extended chokes like the ones came from the factory to avoid this from happening. It's water proof but not scratch proof, keep sharp objects away from it, it can't be touch up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
fabarm competition lion reviews

fabarm sc competition lion extra

fabarm sporting clays competition extra

fabarm sporting clays competition lion extra

fabarm sporting clays extra

fabarms golden lion sporting clays competition

h&k fabarm competition lion

hk fabarm carbon fiber