1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

info on CIRS gracoil system

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by woodchuk, Sep 12, 2013.

1. woodchuk

woodchuk Member

Hi just checking to see if anybody has one and how they like it Thanks Rick.

2. woodchuk

woodchuk Member

3. BENCHREST

BENCHREST Member Supporting Vendor

ON SALE NOW FOR $249.00
    Visit Our Stock Positioning Website by clicking on the logo above. Visit Our Add-A-Rib Website by clicking on the logo above. Visit Our Adjust-A-Rib Website by clicking on the logo above.
    ADD-A-RIB
    HOME ABOUT US PRODUCTS PRICE LIST CONTACT
    ADD-A-RIB
    CIRS

Back to product List

CIRS — COMB INTEGRATED RECOIL SYSTEM

Can be used with Graco Model CG 15LP

HOW IT WORKS

CIRS is a comb integrated recoil system that works in conjunction with the Adjustable LOP recoil suppressor butt plate assembly by the use of 2 recoil absorbing springs and cable. One recoil spring is hidden between the upper and lower CIRS sliding comb plates. The 2nd recoil absorbing spring is located inside of the adjustable LOP recoil reducer. One end of the cable is attached to the comb adjuster and the other end to the recoil suppressor upper guide post. This cable transfers the movement from the recoil suppressor to the CIRS comb assembly allowing both units to move flawlessly at the same time. You can adjust the amount of spring tension from 16- 94lbs by simply loosening and tightening the tension of the spring. No lubrication or maintenance is required.

COMB INTEGRATED RECOIL SYSTEM

The CIRS system is a 2 part integrated recoil system which will house (2) 0.435” x 0.808” high 304 stainless steel comb adjusting posts. Each post can be individually moved and tightened along 3/4” of indicating lines located at both ends of the top plate to create a perfect fit. Included are (2) aluminum 0.623” x 0.623” top comb aluminum guide sleeves placed in the upper wooden section of the comb, along with (2) 8-32” x 3/8” stainless steel set screws, which will lock the comb adjuster in any position required.

The base of the sliding comb assembly is made of black delron 1.027” wide x 4.376” long x 0.249” high, machined to allow the top aluminum plate of the comb assembly, made of 6061 T5 Aluminum to slide back and forth 5/16 of an inch along the center line of the wooden stock. The CIRS system works in unison with the Adjustable LOP recoil suppressor butt plate assembly thru the use of (1) 0.159”x6.000” long vinyl coated, aircraft, stainless steel flexible cable assembly. One end is self-threading and can be screwed into the base of the comb assembly thru a stainless steel 1.750” x 0.250” sliding cable adapter, which is held in place by a stainless steel lockdown screw and clamp, allowing for easy access and cable adjusting. The other end of the cable is screwed into the Adjustable LOP recoil suppressor assembly by screwing the cable into the top stainless steel guide post, thus connecting the comb assembly to the recoil butt plate assembly. BOTH UNITS MOVE FLAWLESSLY WITH NO DISTRACTIONS. Each kit comes with (10) nylon spacers; (2) #8 x 1/2” stainless steel flathead sheet metal screws; (2) 8-32 x 1/2” Flathead machine screws; (2) 3/8” 8-32 x 25/64” Hex Drive Wooden Adapters, and (4) Allen Keys [(1) 3/32”; (1) 5/32”; (1) 9/64”; (1) 1/8”].

Finished in black delron and black anodized aluminum with cable — Order # (CIRS)

CIRS/Adjustable LOP Recoil Reduction Butt Plate Assembly with Cable Adapter
    (Compare to Graco)

3 part adjustable LOP, compression butt plate with an adjustable pad plate made from 5052 H32 alum alloy anodized silver or black. Tension is adjusted by inserting a 3/32” hex wrench into the head of the stainless steel tension adjusting plunger housed inside is a stainless steel compression spring producing approximately 16 94lbs of recoil absorbing tension with a maximum stroke of length 5/16” producing a smooth and undetectable response time WITH NO DISTRACTIONS. The pad plate offers unlimited adjusting capabilities utilizing 2-303 stainless steel adjusting rings for a perfect pad fit. Incorporated into the center pad are (2) stainless steel guide posts. The upper guide post is drilled and internally threaded to accept the vinyl coated stainless steel cable that is attached to the comb adjusting plate, via the sliding cable adapter. The lower guide post is not drilled. All moving parts slide on maintenance free Teflon bushings. This is a virtually maintenance free product. Included are 2 - #8 x1” stainless steel oval head Philips screws. 1 – 3/32” hex head wrench to adjust the 2 rotating locking rings on the pad plate, 2 pad fastening screws, and the center plunger locking screw. 1 – 7/16” hex head wrench used to lock down the LOP adjusting set screws.

Note:professional Installation Recommended

Finished in anodized Silver — Order # (CIRS-ALOPRRK-S)
    Finished in anodized Black — Order # (CIRS-ALOPRRK-B)

Add-a-rib
    www.StockPositioning.com • www.Addarib.com • www.Adjustarib.com • www.Mini16Adjustarib.com
    HOME | ABOUT | PRODUCTS | PRICE LIST | CONTACT

Copyright © 2013 Add-A-Rib • Stock Positioning Systems • Adjust-A-Rib • Mini-16 Adjust-A-Rib
    Stock Positioning, Add-A-Rib, Adjust-A-Rib & Mini-16 Adjust-A-Rib are registered trademarks of Braun Professional Group
    All of Our Products are Manufactured in the United States
    Site Design by GGI 516.457.9329

4. woodchuk

woodchuk Member

that's where I seen it just checking to see how people like it and how sturdy it is let me know thanks Rick.

5. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

How much does it cost installed? What guns will it not fit?

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

6. StansCustoms

StansCustoms Well-Known Member

I've never seen pics of this installed anywhere....only for sale at SPS or something.

Has anyone else??

Better yet does "anyone" have this set up that can comment on it or, heaven forbid, have an actual pic of the device on a gun??

I think it may have been a figment of a late night brain cramp...that doesn't really exist except in "never never land "...lol!

I've searched the internet with a myriad of search engines...it's a sneaky little dude if it exist. Still looking...

Marco Polooo...Marco...Poloo

...Stan

7. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

I've done a few and the customers were very happy with them. You need quite a bit of room for installation, so they can't be installed in just any stock.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 25, 2014
  8. StansCustoms

Hey good morning Joe...

The online information , what little there is, shows that the CIRS could be installed with a LOP Gracoil...

Many sliding comb assys. don't have a lop recoil reducer and the "lop part is critical to me".

I'm assuming the gun pictured has a cirs with a Gracoil LOP...correct?

You wouldn't have any pics of this on a less radical combination would you...or maybe a close up or different angle of the comb hardware (cirs) shown installed in a stock?

I'm fighting some fitment issues with a Browning 725 low rib Sporting .

Thanks...Stan

9. Tron

Actually, that particular gun is set up with a SPS LOP unit, which is very similar to a Gracoil GC15LP and all installation is the same. I powder coated the plates a flat black to flow better with the black receiver. The comb slide unit adjusts with a hex key allowing the LOP unit to be adjusted in or out.

Not enough room in a 725 sporting for this type of unit though.

10. BENCHREST

Here is one I installed on a stock I built for a customer. Joe 631 319 6959 P5040039 (1).JPG

11. StansCustoms

Graco mounting Thanks for the pics Joe..

Regarding its performance...your customers were well pleased, that's good. I wonder if this is similar in performance to any of the more expensive conversions.

I haven't had a sliding comb of any kind to compare to...but have a cheek slap problem even with a well fitted gun. Probably a loose mount...but not so bad that a soft comb doesn't make it bearable...along with a good gun fit.

From what I understand ..a sliding comb can make a huge difference when dealing with cheek slap. Do you concur....?

I would like to get away from a soft comb ..to have a more consistent mount without worrying about comb compression....and finally get past that issue (which is partly mental).

Regarding the system...Not enough room even if some aluminum fabrication was done...for instance moving the Gracoil down...maybe by altering Graco's mounting plate? ...or cutting the top of the plate even with the comb base, and using two side screws to mount it...or ..?

Best ..Stan

12. Tron

Not likely. The problem is the stock bolt hole, which would need to be filled. Unless you have a LOP over 16", there would be interference between the cylinder and the stock bolt AND the comb hardware.

13. StansCustoms

10-4...well that answers that.

How about it's performance compared to more expensive slide comb devices?

Thanks...Stan

14. BENCHREST

Stan; tried to call you before, no answer. I want to send you some pictures Joe 631 319 6959

15. Tron

To have a comb that slides is a big plus...but, I don't feel it's essential. Some people have greasier skin that tends to stick to smooth surfaces, like poly, so a sliding comb is a nice feature. Others can shoot without such a device and experience no discomfort.

All this said, I'm not a huge advocate of recoil devices. Yes, I install quite a few of them, but usually per request. I'm a firm believer that good gun fit trumps a recoil device in most cases and that a lot of shooter tend to mask poor gun fit issues with recoil devices or soft combs. Addressing a symptom rather than the cause is never a good resolution.

16. bluegroove42

bluegroove42 Active Member

Tron, are you trying to start a fight? You know gun fit has nothing to do with felt recoil! Lmao.

17. SoTo

SoTo Active Member

Good gun fit is essential for sure, but installing an effective recoil reduction device will most certainly help with focus and reduce fatigue. And for those with health issues who want to still enjoy the game, recoil devices such as the SoftTouch system will help eliminate the kick and the pain.

Search tags for this page

add a rib cirs

cirs butt pads

graco model cg 15lp

install directions graco model cg 15lp

sliding comb recoil

sps 2 sliding post butt plate

sps recoil reducer

stock positioning systems lop butt plate