1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

INFO***ON***CABELLAS***OWATONNA**SHOOT

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by hounddog41@charter.net, May 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hounddog41@charter.net

hounddog41@charter.net Member

I have a question about the upcoming Cabelas shoot to be held in Owatonna Minn June 11th 12th and 13th. They have a considerable amount of added money. I along with my buddy are going to attend. I recieved a program the other day, and it tells what added money that is going to be paid on the different events. For example it says that event no 9 is a handicap event and it will pay fourteen places from $250.00 down to 100.00 for fourteenth place, ties (divide). Lets say that there are for example 10, 95's, for first place. does this mean then that the first 10 place monies will be taken and devided by the 10 95's or do the 10 95's split just the first place money of the $250.00? I find it alittle difficult to try and explain this in writing. I was always under the impression that the 10, 95's would just split the first place money. This is what I thought to be (ties divide). Anyone please correct me if Im wrong. thanks much alex Kotter

2. Kooz25

Kooz25 TS Member

The 10 - 95s will split the money from 1st to 10th meaning what ever money there is in the top ten places lets say 1000.00 combined each person would get 100.oo

Hope that helps

Kooz

3. hounddog41@charter.net

Kooz: I always heard that type of split was high gun not ties devide. Not meaning to argue with you as you problably know better that I and that is why Im asking. What is meant then by The term High gun? thanks Kooz

4. Kooz25

Kooz25 TS Member

They would all be high gun in that event, When I shoot there 2 years ago I was tied for 3 with I beleave 2or 3 other shooters, we split the 3rd,4th,5th and 6 place money. Hope this answers your question.

Owattona puts on a excelent shoot hope to meet you there.

Kooz

5. hounddog41@charter.net

Kooz: Id like to thankyou for responding to my thread. I appreciate it thanks again and you have a good day alex

6. ntgr8

ntgr8 Member

OGC event #9 program says TIES DIVIDE if that is not an error then the top score or scores would split the 250. If 2 @ 99 and 1 @ 98 then 99's get 125 ea and the 98 gets 225. For the 2@ 99 to divide 475 it would be noted HI GUN. Jackpot purse and purse are noted HI GUN Lewis Purse is TIES DIVIDE.No other event says ties divide for the added money.

7. hounddog41@charter.net

ntgr8: Then are you saying that Im am correct? I think that your response is just what I said in my opening thread. That is the way Ive aways understood it. thanks alex

8. ntgr8

ntgr8 Member

The way event 9 cash is written a score of 86 or better will win some money. Of course the $100.00 for 14th place may be split 10 ways but still an 84 will win something. If you want the big scores to get all the money then it's called HI GUN.

9. trapper71

trapper71 Member

There was a miss print in the program, Sunday's handicap add money will be

paid Higun (ties divide). So if the first 3 shooters have a 98 they will

split the combination to the first three prizes. In the handicap program we

have still had individuals that shot in the 80's cash out. We are trying to

help those shooters that travel a long ways to be able to get back on the road

and not have to sit around for a shoot off.

10. ntgr8

ntgr8 Member

Darn!!!! since I figured out an 86 would be in the money I was going to shoot. I can do an 86 on a good day but now I'm not sure.

11. hounddog41@charter.net

Not trying to be a wise guy but there may have been an error in the program but the shoot should run according to what is written in the program. Ive seen this same problem in other shoots and it was decided that they had to go with what was written in the program. Im traveling quite a distance like 200 to 250 mile and if it were such Id have to stay for a shootoff , either that of forfeit. alex

12. maltzahn

maltzahn Active Member

Money always splits either high gun or money divides. Gift certifacates or trophies shoot off. A misprint in the program can be corrected at the pay counter before the shooter desides to play the option or pay for targets.

Clubs that vary from this traditional standard loose shooters. Owatonna keeps growing for many reasons, fairness just one of them.

Maltzie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.