1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

info on Browning Bt99 max and plus?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by imissone, May 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. imissone

imissone TS Member

What are the difference between the bt99 max and a bt99 plus?

Thanks

2. ec90t

ec90t Guest

99 Plus: Factory Adjustable Rib, Recoil reducer, Adjustable comb.

99 Max: Adjustable comb.

They both use the INV + choke tubes (on choke tube models). I have seen non-ported +'s but haven't ran across a non-ported Max. I always kind of referred to a Max as a BT 100 without the drop out trigger assemble. I don't know if that is a fair comparision.

ec90t

3. rlcammer

rlcammer TS Member

The BT-99 Max may or may not have an adjustable comb. They came in 32" or 34", blue or stainless. They are all ported, unfortunately, with Invector + choke tubes.

Your description is exactly correct. It is a BT-100 without the drop out trigger.

Considerably higher rib than the regular 99s.

I have 2 of them, both in stainless, 34", with release triggers, adjustable combs, and adjustable butt plates.

From what I've heard, the Max was a transition model between the regular 99 and the 100.

Still trying to decide which one (if either) I like better.

Ric C.

4. rlcammer

rlcammer TS Member

My two have slightly different rib heights also.........

The Blue Book says they were made in 1995 and 1996, however one of mine, according to the serial number, was made in 1997.

Ric C.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

browning bt99 max vs plus