1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Info on Blaser F3

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by saintlawrence, May 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. saintlawrence

saintlawrence Member

I'd like comments from users of the Blaser F3 trap gun - combos and/or just the O/U. I recently shot one and was impressed with the handling of the gun, but know no one who has one and would appreciate other shooters observations.
    Thanks.

2. Bob Griffith

Bob Griffith Member

I can't tell you much other than I shot 1 at the Empire Grand & bought 1. I have yet to get it as they were out of left hand stocks, but I hope I like it!!!

3. okiefarmer

okiefarmer Member

I ordered one at the Mo. Fall Hdcp. I got it in Jan. I have now shot about 4000 rounds and I love it. It seemed really fast to me the day I tried one at the grand. It moves really fast to targets if that makes any sense. The learning curve seemed too long to me until Greg Hissem explained "swing dynamics" to me. I have started to shoot some really good scores. I had 95 in hdcp one week, followed by 57 the next week, and then 96 the next week. The 57 was in some tough conditions and I didn't have nearly the low score that weekend. For some strange reason, doubles seemed the easiest transition. I had 482 in a 500 marathon a couple weeks ago with two 98's and a 99. I bought mine from Bob Schultz and he was raving about shooting doubles with one before I ordered mine. I seen last week that he was selling his Per and was shooting doubles with a Blaser now so that might explain why it was easy for me to transition to doubles. The greatest thing about the Blaser is the trigger. The only thing I have ever seen that was close was a Seitz.
    You asked for an opinion and I gave you mine. You know what they say about opinions. I am sure everyone who owns a different brand will argue and they should.

4. Bob Schultz

Bob Schultz Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

okiefarmer,

Thanks for the plug! I finally got mine with the double releases in it. (I have 4 more sets with releases for sale!) We had so much rain for the first 3 weeks I had it, I considered trading it for a boat! Last week Wednesday I finally got to shoot it in decent weather, 97 on the first 100 in practice. Felt great just a bit muzzle light for me. I took it home and moved the barrel weights from the rear to the front position. 98 on Saturday and 98 on Sunday. Ran 50 on this past Wednesday, changed from IM to M on the top barrel and LM on the bottom. The chokes seem to pattern a bit on the tight side so the Mod was more than enough on the second target. I have mine set up with the factory standard stock. I shoot light 8's on both shots. Have not tried the unsingle as yet, waiting for the fall season to give it a try

Brake 'em all,

Bob Schultz

5. Clayshooter08

Clayshooter08 Member

I shot one at the Southern Grand (left-hand) and it shot like a dream...I put two hundred rounds thru it before I gave it back it shoots awesome!!! Buy one thru Bob Schultz and you won't be sorry....

6. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

are there any of the old step-ribbed trap F3 barrels around anywhere?

7. TP Express

TP Express TS Member

So lovethesport, you think the MX8 is more versatile? The Blaser comes as an unsingle, O/U or combo. It has adjustable ribs on all barrels (as well as different barrel hangers for the under barrel of the O/U) and adjustable comb that will allow you to shoot from dead flat to 120% high. Briley Spectrum choke tubes. Pull or release triggers. Like the K80 system, you can change stocks, barrels, gauges and shoot any of the games as well as hunt. Your opinion that the MX8 is a better value won't be known for many years, but for versatility you are dead wrong. Not even close.

8. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

My friend once told me that if it isn't a "K" it's gay! LOL
    I hope the Blaser ends up being a good gun but time will only tell.

Both the people who have them at my club both added so much weight to the front of there guns it almost fell out of my hands when I shouldered it. They have both also added soft touch's. Out of the box both were complaining about recoil to the face.
    Just passing along the word.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.