1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Info on a Perazzi wanted

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by darr, Feb 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darr

darr Well-Known Member

What can you Perazzi experts tell me about a MX-5.I am not real familiar with Perazzis period but I have ran into the 1st MX-5 I have ever seen.Are there alot of these around?I have seen many MX-3,MX-8,MX10,MX-15 and so on but not the MX-5.Is there any big problems with them?Are they reliable.When were they made?The one I am considering has a straight stock on it and 28" barrels with screw in chokes on both barrels.Any information or experiences with this gun would be appreciated.This gun is fairly plain but tight and hardly shot.What would the price range be on it?Thanks.

Darr

2. glenn mcleod

glenn mcleod Member

This is considered to be the starter level, coil springs, non-removable trigger, same basic feel of the MX3 & MX8. MX 7 was a newer comparable model. Nice condition they sell for about 60-70% of what a comparable MX3 would sell for. I had an MX7 and liked the gun but I shoot a high gun and I never did get this to feel just right. I always felt it would have made a better sporting clays gun. JMHO. Glenn

3. darr

darr Well-Known Member

4. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

MX-5 were first introduced in the '80s, then reintroduced in the '90s, basically an entry level field gun, later expended into target configurations to compete with the successful Beretta 680s.

MX-5 share the same exterior shape & rounded monobloc as the first (successful) entry level model MX-3, with non-sculpted frames. It also features low maintenance coil springs and barrel selectors as the 680s.

The later MX-6 was a close copy of the MX-3 with detachable triggers. MX-7 was a newer MX-5 in target configurations only, it's the last entry level O/U model with rounded monobloc.

Despite it being one of the lowest priced O/U models among relatively newer production guns, it's a very well made and reliable gun, an alternative to the Beretta 680 series.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.