1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

info on 870 competition

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by bernk-80, Sep 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bernk-80

bernk-80 Member

thinking about buying a used 870 comp. anyone know where to get parts if needed ?i heard of some receivers cracking anyone know why? will the barrel fit a regular 870 ? or any of the other parts interchangeable.thanks in advance for your thoughts.

2. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

I've owned mine for 25 years and no problems...the barrel will not fit other 870's and as for parts, you can search past threads on ts.com for parts info. The buttsock and forend will fit other 870's.

3. emjake

emjake TS Member

I have an 870 Comp with a cracked receiver. I just received it back from Remington with a note "Gun is obsolete. Repair parts are not available. We are not able to repair. Return as received."

Guess I've got parts for my other good one!

4. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Keeping the mag cap tight will help the Comp not crack your receiver.

5. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Look high and low, you will find 1 shot useless 870s out there. Friend just scored one at a gun shop that does more handgun tactical type firearms, 150.00 look unused.

6. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

lets see....soft shooting...cheap to buy....absolutely smokes targets...interesting definition of "useless"...I would think past ATA president Gene Clawson would challenge that...he shot his very well!!

7. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

I stole one from a gun shop that described it as a "gas operated single shot that wasn't good for anything!".

I agreed with him, filled out the paperwork, paid less than half of what it is worth, and left a happy customer!

Boy, it sure crushes targets! I got a Schwab release for it that had a bad problem. It needed a front trigger plate pin retainer!

The 25's are starting to happpen. It is the first of many tournament guns with release triggers! ;^)

8. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Sorry Chauncy, Hes been looking for a cheap gun to start shooting trap with, Im just glad he didnt buy the Stoeger Condor he was eye bslling at dicks. He tracked down another for a extra, he will be looking at that friday.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.