1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Info on 390 Super Trap

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by dmarbell, Aug 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dmarbell

dmarbell Active Member

I didn't know there was such a gun. Who has one, and what are the details? I have a Wal-Mart 390 that I should pretty well with just a little moleskin on the comb, even for trap. If you can post pics, I'd like to see what it looks like.

Danny

2. Dan S.

Dan S. TS Member

I purchased mine back in the mid 90's. It came from the factory with 3 inserts for the comb and three different length recoil pads, as well as the tapered spacers for adjusting cast off and on and drop between the stock and receiver. I ran quite a few rounds through mine and broke 1 bolt lug, and two of the forks behind the bolt over roughly 15,000 rounds. It got me my first hundred in 16's and 5 more during that year. I remember it fondly. Like so many others it was working well so I had to trade it and get something better. Sorry I never took any pics but I'm sure others will have some. That's the basic differences as I remeber them. I also recall some people having trouble with the stocks cracking but I never had any issues with mine.

3. Southern Gent

Southern Gent TS Member

Pretty much what he said.

It was the standard Beretta 390 trap gun with Beretta's version of an adjustable stock/comb.

I never got the sense that it was too popular because for less than the price difference between it and the Beretta Trap, you could have your own adjustable comb installed with infinite adjustments.

Mechanically and in finish it was the same as the 390 trap.

One difference between the 390 trap guns and your Wal Mart 390 is that they came with a high rib barrel. The same barrel was offered on the sporting clays guns, and marked "sporting clays".

4. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

and the same barrel came on the super skeet also- I have one of those

Its a small step rib like P guns used to have

regards from Iowa

Gene

5. Scoutman 06

Scoutman 06 Member

Also the Super Trap barrels were ported, at least mine is. John

6. dmarbell

dmarbell Active Member

Shooters with Super Traps,

Thanks for the info. The gun I'm looking at has 30" factory ported barrel with step rib. It just has one comb piece. I was under the impression that the comb adjustment came from different combs. How does the adj comb work? Is it one piece, with multiple shims? According to this seller, there don't appear to be any shims.

Danny

7. Easystreet

Easystreet Well-Known Member

I think there were supposed to be 3 different comb shims.

8. Southern Gent

Southern Gent TS Member

The adjustable comb was a one piece insert-- there were three different thicknesses.

There would have been a set of three stock shims included also -- a set consists of two shims.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

price on a used beretta 390 super trap high rib adjustable comb