1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Info Needed on WW442 & WW443 Powder

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by hoffman06, Aug 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hoffman06

hoffman06 Member

I have been offered 15 pounds of WW442 and 5 pounds of WW443 powder and know nothing about the WW powders. Any information would appreciated.
    Thanks Carey

2. hoffman06

hoffman06 Member

Come on guys, I know someone knows somthing about this powder. Age, what it is simular to, etc.
    Thanks Carey

3. trapperpg

trapperpg Member

My guess is it is non-canister grade powder and/or mil-surplus. Companies such as Wideners often sell such powders with data or recommended similar powder data.
    You might try contacting some retailers to see if they have info. In the end, it will most likely be more trouble than it is worth.

pg

4. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

I believe that might be Winchester-Western powder. They used to indentify there powders by number and may still do this. I looked in a 1977 revised loading data book and did not see this number in there, not in the shotgun or centerfire shells. Back then the shotgun powders where 452AA & 473AA (12 ga.).

5. GOT A PAIR

GOT A PAIR TS Member

My guess is mil-surplus, (winchester) I have used a lot of WW846 & WW844 in 223 & 308 good powders.

6. hoffman06

hoffman06 Member

My mistake guys, I got a look at the powder today and it was WW452 not 442. Any help on the correct number.
    Carey

7. trapperpg

trapperpg Member

452AA started out as a 12ga shotshell powder, but found a following with the early ipsc crowd in 45acp. Some of my Winchester data books list several 452AA handgun loads along with shotshell loads. It has long been out of production. It was replaced by WST, but they are NOT the same powder. For shotshells, there are many better powders out now, especially with the current craze of "clean" powders, and 452AA is in no way a clean burning powder. It is reverse temperature sensitive in that velocity tends to decrease with an increase in ambient temperature. If you like to shoot bowling pins with a .45, you'll love it.
    pg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.