1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

INFO***NEEDED***ON****WOLF****PRIMERS

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by hounddog41@charter.net, Dec 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hounddog41@charter.net

hounddog41@charter.net Member

Just wondering if anyone has used the wolf 209 shotgun primers? Also are they oversized? Ive tried a number of the Fiocchi PMC but never tried the wolf. thanks in advance alex Kotter

2. 3dram8

3dram8 Member

There's not much in loading data available for the Wolf primer. I use them in my 7/8 and 1 ounce loads where I know the pressures are not high anyway and I like the way they go through my P-W 800+. I've gone through about 6000 of the Wolfs and about the same amount of Fiocchi 616's with no misfires. Neither one of those primers is oversize. I haven't experienced an oversized primer since the old Alcan 220 Maxfire's and the early Fiocchi 615's. ....Rick

3. tallpaul

tallpaul Member

There are several of us at our club who have been loading with Wolf 209's since July without any duds, and that's about 5 to 6 thousand shells. They are definitely on the cooler end of the primer spectrum, whereas I see some afterburn out of the action of my Teknys autoloader when using the Wolf primer versus none when using the Winchester. I will tell you the target doesn't know the difference when it blows up, and the report is not inconsistent with the Wolf product. I have loaded some shells 2 or 3 times with the Wolf primer, and have not noticed the primer pocket being stretched any larger than with either a Remington or a Winchester 209. For almost half the cost of the latter mentioned primers, I will continue to use the Wolf.

4. mike Adcock

mike Adcock Member

I have used a few Wolf primers with really no problems. I did have some odd sounding shells with PB powder. I'll stick with my trusty 700X.

Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.