1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Info needed on thread size of mod 12 trigger screw

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Taxidermy, Dec 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Taxidermy

Taxidermy Active Member

Need to know mod 12 screw size and threads for a trigger screw. thanks Ronnie

2. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

Just buy one from Wrights it is a shouldered screw so buying one is best. Stu's number 618-357-8933

3. Taxidermy

Taxidermy Active Member

I need size to buy a tap to clean threads on a receiver, thanks for wrights number but i only need the screw size and ask wright and he would not tell me. So I thoyght all the mod 12 guy on here might know. thanks Ronnie

4. JT 27

JT 27 Member

Soak the threads with a thread cleaner/ rust inhibitor then scrub with a .22 cal brush. Most of these threads a not "common". You could take the screw to a Lowe's, they usually have boards in the nut & bolt section with marked screws & bolts to compare thread designation. Most Win. screws are "fine" ie 1/4 28 vs 1/4 20

5. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Call Tom Larkin at the Stock Shop and explain your plight, he will tell you what size they are ... I have several screws but would be guessing to tell you the size for the tap ... Maybe take the screw you have to a hardware store and see if they can help you out ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

6. OldRemFan

OldRemFan Member

If what you are calling a trigger screw is the screw that holds the trigger guard into the receiver on a model 12, I believe it is 3/16ths by 36 Threads per inch.

7. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

You can get a complete set of screws for the Winchester Model 12 for less than $25.00 I saw them in a catalog from the Mfgr of the A-10 yesterday at the gun club. I think it is Connecticut Fireams, there were 4 copies of their catalog laying on the tables.

They also build model 21s.

I think Wrights sells a complete set of screws for the Model 12s

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

8. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

He stated clearly that he wants to retap the threads on the reciever not clean up the screw itself ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

9. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

3/16-36..is correct.

10. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.