1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Info needed on PW loader

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by pj 999, Dec 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pj 999

pj 999 TS Member

Old family friend just gave me a Ponsness-Warren Size-o Matic /model 800B to clean up and sell for him. It appears to be in good working condition and needs a little cleaning and lubrication. I have only loaded on Pacific/Hornady loaders so I am lost with this. Are these good reliable loaders and any idea on value? Any idea how old? Serial #6018. Thanks in advance and have a good New Years. Also got some Bob Allen shooting pouches I will be cleaning up to sell.Paul Baker Jr

2. pj 999

pj 999 TS Member

Other questions, after visiting PW website. Are the shot and powder bushings the same as pacific/hornady 366 bushings? Also how do you change bushings? Is it time consuming? Thanks again Paul Baker Jr

3. nipper

nipper TS Member

i will piggyback this thread since i just bought a pw 2000. i have a question about the shot bushings.. my 1 1/8 bushing throws slightly over 1 1/8 ounce,the powder is right with my load specs i want to shoot,so is slightly over 1 1/8 ok. i am also new to all shooting sports. would i be better off trying a number 5 and go with less than 1 1/8 ounce??

bill

4. clayman51

clayman51 Member

Paul,

The PW are good loaders.The 800 model was made some where around the late 60`s early 70`s. A used loader is worth around 450.00 to 500.00, my guess. Service is still available from PW on these. I know several guys who still use them today.

Dennis

5. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

Paul ... Based on past threads ... sell the loader on e-Bay and you will get the top dollar for it. I would suggest about $350. They are a great loader and a number of friends use them and have done so for many years. The best person to contact for service and repair advice is Whiz White, as Don suggested. Whiz White's e-mail is ... whiz@swsupply.com ... He has done up a service manual and will e-mail you a copy.

Nipper ... Whiz can make you a custom bushing. Bill Malcolm

6. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

If you will email me directly, I will gladly email you back my 8 page "Maintenance and Lubrication Instructions" pamphlet.

Don't click the email address above... it won't work. You have to type it in in normal format, such s Bill Malsolm suggested just above.

Hey, Bill, hope you and the wife had a great holiday season!

Whiz White

7. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

We had a fantastic holiday Whiz. All the best to you and yours in 2008. Bill Malcolm

8. pj 999

pj 999 TS Member

Will email you Whiz and thanks to all. Paul

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.