1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Info needed on 327 S&W 357 Perf. Center

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by biff, Nov 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. biff

biff Active Member

I recently acquired a used 327 S&W from the Performance Center and wondered if anyone on here owned one and could give me some info as to what ammo works best for target shooting. Also any other comments about this pistol. Thanks, Biff

2. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

To be very candid, reloaded 357 brass with GOOD 158 gr RNFP Cowboy bullets loaded to about 800 fps will give you the best accuracy.

Factory? Most any 38 FMJ fodder.

3. biff

biff Active Member

Thanks coach, I shot some hot factory 357's, flames out about 18 inches on both sides, almost caused me to flinch! Shot some 38 special 125 grains and got much more accuracy, I didn't think 38 specials were supposed to be as accurate. Biff

4. biff

biff Active Member

Mike, I don't know, sorry. I don't own either of those framed Smiths, I've got a 41 in .22 cal. This 8 shot performance Center gun really caught my eye, but with it being light weight I just couldn't imagine it being good for target shooting especially with the 155 grain S&B loads! I will try some of those .38 special wadcutters. Thanks, Biff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.