1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Info Needed from Trap Clubs

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by fssberson, Apr 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

NHSC shooting grounds are beginning to get used by other organizations in the area. Some shooting and some non-shooting [the Cub Scouts for camp outs for free]. We need to develop a working agreement/contract that will identify what we will provide and what are the responsibilities of the "rental" groups. For example, 4 fields, targets, working calls, bathrooms, etc. DO ANY OF YOUR CLUBS HAVE AN AGREEMENT THAT WE CAN "BORROW" rather than re-invent the wheel. Please share with me. Thanks. Fred Berson e-mail: fssberson@aol.com

2. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

3. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

4. smoking357

smoking357 TS Member

Your difficulty is that most other clubs would never think to get a contract signed with the Boy Scouts. Both parties would find it insulting.

I looked at your application form:

http://www.nhsc.us/application.pdf

Your club seems to have an East Coast legalistic feel to it, so perhaps you're seeing a need where none exists. The duties owed to your invitees and licensees are already generally covered under Connecticut law. If you're looking to refine those duties, you'll need a Connecticut lawyer, as drafting such an instrument constitutes the practice of law in Connecticut.

5. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Our city's public shooting range is one part of a multi-purpose municipal park facility. In addition to the range, there is open space, the clubhouse and a storage building (garage).

Our club has a non-exclusive contract for the park's use, but the range can only be used when club is present to allow and supervise use of its equipment (club-owned). The clubhouse is additionally rentable by the parks department to community groups or private parties, but with limitations.

Contracts make good business relationships... I could send you our operating agreement with our parks department that was drafted by their counsel with our input and approval of our counsel.

As I read your post... is your organization hosting these non-club groups for a fee or will they be unsupervised users/guests?!

A couple thoughts depending upon how you're offering the facility... require cleanup, liability insurance supervision if liquor is to be present (non-shooting progamming) and to be blunt, if its your equipment, I would not be allowing use of trap machines, callers etc... without authorized club supervision (club management/range officer, trap help, etc...) at the time of use - you do not want non-club folks in front of the 16 yard lines...

Let me know if I can help?!

Jay

6. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

357: We are a long way from Connecticut. You really don't undersand, but thanks. Fred

7. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Fred,

The above listed link will show you the form that our local club uses.

The local Boy Scouts, 4-H and other organizations use the club frequently.

If this is not enough info, contact me and I'll put you in touch with the clubs president and/or sec/treas.

Curt

8. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

here's another form.

Curt

9. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Ok...last one.

Curt

10. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

Thanks Curt. Fred

11. BIG JIM IN BAKERSFIELD

BIG JIM IN BAKERSFIELD TS Member

Hi Fred, also, have you checked to see if your insurance will cover such events or do the other users have to provide their own insurance of some kind. I remember there was an accident at your range a few years ago that caused some concerns. Always cover your rear ends. Everyone is sue happy now. A signed disclaimer may not be enough to keep law suites away. It could cost the club tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars to fight any law suites.
    Tejon Ranch on the grapevine makes all hunters buy a one million dollar accident policy, just in case. Last I heard it was around $20.00 per shooter per day. Good luck......BIG JIM - BAKERSFIELD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.