1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Info Needed: Beretta 682 Gold E

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by In plain view, Nov 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. In plain view

In plain view Member

Just acquired a 682 Gold E combo but the booklet in the case makes no mention of the bore size. I do not have easy access to a barrel mic but I would like to know the standard bore size and also if the barrel was backbored by the factory. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. Bob

2. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

I believe it is back bored by the factory.

I don't remember the size right now, but when I owned one it was factory done.

Hauxfan!

3. Easystreet

Easystreet Well-Known Member

If the factory did the backboring, it wouldn't (correctly) be called backboring, but it might be called overboring if it is larger than .729" for a 12 gauge.

To answer your question, there should be some reference somewhere in the literature or perhaps on the barrels themselves about "Optima Bore" or "Optima Plus Bore" or something like that. I don't think that the Gold E has the Mobil choke (.722") boring. Your gun is probably around .732" to .735" bore diameter.

4. Gold E

Gold E TS Member

Mine is .732".

Of interest is that Beretta factory Optima chokes are not the standard constrictions. For instance, my ICs (normally .010" constriction) are actually .007".

Idon't recall the others but have them if you are interested.

5. Easystreet

Easystreet Well-Known Member

>>>"Of interest is that Beretta factory Optima chokes are not the standard constrictions. For instance, my ICs (normally .010" constriction) are actually .007"."<<<

Some gun companies label their chokes according to the pattern density they throw rather than by increments in choke constriction. Beretta apparently goes by pattern density while Browning goes by incremental changes in constriction.

6. Gold E

Gold E TS Member

Easystreet,

I haven’t heard of choke labeling by pattern before. Is this done by varying constriction until a predetermined percentage strike within a defined diameter at a defined range?

I learn something new every day.

As mentioned earlier, I don't recall what the other constrictions measure but I do recall that none were conventional increments.

7. In plain view

In plain view Member

Great responses and thanks. I'll take a closer look at the barrels tonight but looks like I'm sitting at .0732. I tend to get all barrels miked along with the chokes to be sure. Gun has been shot very little and feels good in my hands. My last Beretta was a 680 that was one real jaw breaker. Thanks, Bob

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

beretta optima chokes on 682gold e constrictions explained