1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Info from Rush Limbaugh This is real Bull for vets

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Barrelbulge(Fl), Apr 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

By Rush Limbaugh:

I think the vast differences in compensation between victims of the September 11 casualty and those who die serving our country in Uniform are profound No one is really talking about it either, because you just don't criticize anything having to do with September 11. Well, I can't let the numbers pass by because it says something really disturbing about the entitlement mentality of this country. If you lost a family member in the Septe mber 11 attack, you're going to get an average of $1,185,000. The range is a minimum guarantee of $250,000, all the way up to $4.7 million. If you are a surviving family member of an American soldier killed in action, the first check you get is a $6,000 direct death benefit, half of which is taxable. Next, you get $1,750 for burial costs. If you are the surviving spouse, you get $833 a month until you remarry. And there's a payment of $211 per month for each child under 18. When the child hits 18, those payments come to a screeching halt.

Keep in mind that some of the people who are getting an average of $1.185 million up to $4.7 million are complaining that it's not enough. Their deaths were tragic, but for most, they were simply in the wrong place at the wrong time. Soldiers put themselves in harms way FOR ALL OF US, and they and their families know the dangers. (Actually, soldiers are put in harms way by politicians and commanding officers. We also learned over the weekend that some of the victims from the bombing have started an organization asking for the same deal that the September 11 families are getting. In addi tion to that, some of the families of those bombed in the embassies are now asking for compensation as well. You see where this is going, don't you? Folks, this is part and parcel of over 50 years of entitlement politics in this country. It's just really sad. Every time a pay raise comes up for the military, they usually receive next to nothing of a raise. Now the green machine is in combat in the Middle East while their families have to survive on food stamps and live in low-rent housing. Make sense. However, our own US Congress voted themselves a raise. Many of you don't know that they only have to be in Congress one time to receive a pension that is more than $15,000 per month. And most are now equal to being millionaires plus. They do not receive Social Security on retirement because they didn't have to pay into the system. If some of the military people stay in for 20 years and get out as an E-7, they may receive a pension of $1,000 per month, and the very people who placed them in harm's way receives a pension of $15,000 per month.

I would like to see our elected officials pick up a weapon and join ranks before they start cutting out benefits and lowering pay for our sons and daughters who are now fighting.

When do we finally do something about this?" If this doesn't seem fair to you, it is time to forward this to as many people as you can. How many people WILL YOU forward this to?

2. mike moncilovich

mike moncilovich TS Member

Yes, but Slimebaugh forgot to mention that Flub-a-Dubya and his evil side kick Slick Dick will recieve pensions in the 100,000s of $$$s for eight years service who put the current troops in harms way. Just an oversight by him, I'm sure he meant to tell us...Mike

3. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

Rush is right on as usual, the BDS's notwithstanding.

4. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

So Mike no other president or vice president got this retirement package. This is all Bush's doing. He also set the rules on Soc.Sec., right, according to you. Try opening a book once in awhile and nobody will have to "tell ya". You Bush haters just show your ignorance every time you open your mouths.

Don

5. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

Right on, BigDon. Half truths and innuendo are the tactics of the left.

6. H82MIS

H82MIS TS Member

Somewhere around the second post I smelled a stinkin rotten LIBERAL!!!!
    Go clean your shorts boy,,,,

7. Alpha_Three_Niner

Alpha_Three_Niner TS Member

Ditto's Rush!

8. mike moncilovich

mike moncilovich TS Member

Bigdon, I forget to mention all those presidents who sent troops to war for their own idealogy, LBJ and Papa Bush. If I have missed anyone else that did it pre-emptive, you'll remind me...Mike

PS: maybe Wilson also.

9. maltzahn

maltzahn Active Member

Rush is the man. The most hate filled individual is a liberal.

Maltzie

10. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

I believe it was just on Paul Harvey yesterday....Bill Clinton's yearly costs for clerical, mailings, and office wares is twice that of George Bush. Who's taking advantage of the system??? Something like 7 Million per year. That office in Harlem must be something else!

11. Paladin

Paladin Well-Known Member

mike m. said;

" I forget to mention all those presidents who sent troops to war for their own idealogy, LBJ and Papa Bush"

Papa Bush you say? The Bush that served in WW2. What war, Desert Storm?? The war that had the 'idealogical' backing of almost all of congress,,AND,,the 'idealogical' backing of 34 other country's?? That war??

Your version of history is sadly pathetic and wrong m.m.

12. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Anybody know when we're gettin' out of Bosnia? maybe there's still too much "sniper fire" for a "meaningful pullout" (ask Clinton the definition of that one).

13. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

Hey Mike here is how one of your fellow BDS suffers deals with his affliction. I am sure you disapprove of such outbursts.

"April 24, 2008 --

A man heckling First Lady Laura Bush and daughter Jenna outside the 92nd Street Y was arrested after he punched a wheelchair-bound girl whose parents had told him to shut up, authorities said yesterday. German Talis, 22, was shouting obscenities at the Bushes, who were leaving the building Tuesday, when he crossed paths with Wendy and John Lovetro and their daughter Maureen, 18, who has cerebral palsy.

They had been in the audience to hear the Bushes talk about their children's book, "Read All About It."

"He began yelling about Iraq and Iran at Jenna Bush. She was waving at the crowd. I told the guy, 'What are you doing? Shut up. This is about a child and books,' " said John Lovetro. "He was unperturbed. I said, 'Get out of here! You're being a moron!' "

The next thing he knew, Talis was allegedly punching Maureen - a fan of the first lady since meeting her in 2004.

"I heard my daughter hysterical yelling, 'He's hitting me!' " said Wendy Lovetro.

"He punched her on the shoulder blades, but that wasn't enough," she said.

"My husband pushed the wheelchair away from him and he reached beyond my husband and began pounding my daughter in the thigh."

The two men fought as the president's family drove off. Cops broke them up and busted Talis on charges of assault and resisting arrest.

Maureen was not seriously injured."

14. pendennis

pendennis Well-Known Member

Few, if any Presidents have ever sent American troops to war of their own volition.

To move back in time -

Whether one agrees or not, the current Iraq war was brought about by the threat of weapons of mass destruction. Whether Saddam Hussein had them has yet to be actually determined. The top intelligence agencies in the world all agreed that Hussein had them. In Afghanistan, the overt threats by the Taliban, and their harboring of Al Queada and Osama Bin Laden helped create this condition, since he took responsibiity for the World Trade Center attack.

In Bosnia and Africa (Somalia), our interventions were at the behest of the United Nations. Bill Clinton followed the dictum of nation building; this time, to protect minorities in the Balkans.

In the Middle East, the invasion of a sovereign nation (Kuwait), by a hostile neighbor (Iraq), prompted the build up of armies, and ultimate forced expulsion of Iraqi troops. This was a United Nations request, and G.H.W. Bush, in his continued view of "one world", propelled us into this arena. Yes, the prime issue was the free flow of oil. Most wars are fought over economic issues.

John F. Kennedy, Lyndon B. Johnson, and Richard M. Nixon, all had a hand in Vietnam. There was a real fear, in the late 1950's and early 1960's, that far-east Asia would all to communism. The Korean War of 1950 (Harry Truman) was fresh in the minds of Americans, and the threat of forced Communism, and our treaty obligations with SEATO, created our involvement.

Franklin Roosevelt saw the coming war in Europe and Asia. Though communications were slow, Japanese and German empirical aspirations were known, and their subsequent wagings of war against western allies created the conditions which brought the U.S. into World War II. Japan attacked the U.S. first, and the interlocking alliances quickly brought the world to war.

World War I, "the war to end all wars", recognized that isolationism was not in the cards for the United States. Woodrow Wilson knew this, and German imperialism led the U.S. into this war.

The Spanish-American War was the U.S.'s first foray into international affairs. Troops were sent to the Philipines and Cuba by a willing Congress and President McKinley. That William Randolph Hearst, and his "yellow journalism" was a prime mover, reporting on Spanish "atrocities", and helped drive popular calls for intervention. Although President McKinley was less sure, and preferred a diplomatic solution, the slowness and frailties of communications of the era helped create the conditions from which war arose.

This ultra-brief recap leaves out a lot of events, but it shows that, while Presidents may have the lead role as head-of-state, they are driven by events, as are we all.

Best,
    Dennis

15. bocephus

bocephus Member

Mike, who did we go to bosnia to help? Anyone else here know who we fought for? What people did we kill over there?

Shameful so few know....

16. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Mike I feel very sorry for you .

17. pendennis

pendennis Well-Known Member

The war in the Balkans is merely the latest chapter in the struggle to control Europe by Muslims. In the early 17th century, the expansion of the Ottoman Empire was halted, literally, at the gates of Vienna.

The Ottoman Empire had been engaged in a war of conquest since the early 14th century. They had occupied the Balkan states and were well on their way to conquer the bulk of Europe.

This ebb and flow of Islamic conquest, versus Christian resistance has been going on for eight hundred years. We have only been involved since the early 1990's. It will carry on long after we leave.

The same is true in the Middle East. There will only be peace when one side, or the other wins, and dictates the terms of peace.

Dennis

18. Paladin

Paladin Well-Known Member

"nobody really listens to him anymore"

Speaking of nut jobs, as usual you are wrong Trappy. Some day you might post something accurate. Mash on the link.

19. bocephus

bocephus Member

Sadly Trappy doesn't know any different, after all he is the product of our liberal education system. Hopefully he will become informed and realize he has been indoctrinated with liberal jibberish over the last 12 or so years. Maybe we can help! Maybe we could get involved with our schools and do our best to get them back on track- teaching instead of brainwashing.

Hang in there Trappy!

20. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

Interesting for ol' Rush to talk about how much money those 911 victims received and how much the solders get. Let's see, he makes as I recall something like 50 million a year? Wonder how much he is giving back to the troops? Jake

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.