1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Inexpensive safe - worth a look.

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by grnberetcj, May 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Just an FYI.

Curt

2. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Depends on your perspective, doesn't it?

Curt

3. magnumshot

magnumshot Active Member

I've thought of this concept for years. I'm glad someone is building it. You wouldn't have to rely on refrigerator dolly's and other people to move it, especially on stairs.

4. Easystreet

Easystreet Well-Known Member

Curt,

Thanks for the link. I wasn't aware that anyone made an "assemble it yourself" safe. It's a great idea.

I agree with Lead Man that the price seems a bit steep since you can buy a Sentry safe of about the same size and weight for considerably less.

Perhaps if more companies get into the "assemble it yourself" market, the price will come down.

Thanks again for the link.

Easystreet

5. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

When I built my house, I built a "whole room" safe. Fire proof (ok, resistant) and pretty much burglar proof.

As most (approx. 85%) burglaries are perpurtrated by teenager's that live within a 3 block radius of the victim, a decent gun safe is a responsible thing for a gunowner to have.

The thing I like able the assemble yourself safe, it can be disguised as part of a closet.

Curt

6. shark1

shark1 Member

When they want you, they are going to get you. Safes are excellent, but do not forget insurance policy on firearms. I only use an H&R Topper for my trap gun. Hey it works.
    Michael Sharkey, DC

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.