1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

inertia block..

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by grunt, Mar 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Anyone know how they lighten up the inertia block on a Beretta 682?

2. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Dave, just curious, why would you want to make it lighter? Does it switch too easy now? Hap

3. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

I highly doubt that you can catch the inertia block in the rear position, especially on a Beretta, Browning, or even a Perazzi. There's nothing there to catch it. The problem is more likely NOT letting off on the trigger enough for the inertia block to slip back into the sear, after the first shot. To check this out for yourself, pull the buttstock off the gun and take a look at the guts. With the gun EMPTY, pull the trigger and hold it. Taken your other hand and manually pull back on the inertia block....it moves. Now release it. It will rest against the second sear....until you release the trigger. Then it will slip into place.

The K-32, K-80,and Kolar O/U, have a mechanism to catch the inertia block. Though in reality, this inertia block has nothing to do with the trigger setting up for the second shot. It's actually more of a pivoting safety block, to aid in the prevention of "fan-firing" the triggers. And to add...you cannot pull the trigger fast enough and hold the pressure on the trigger, to by-pass this feature, during a shot. You'll trap the block everytime.

I think GRUNT may be having a problem with the second shot not setting up, by either shooting very light loads, shooting a .410 tube set, some type of recoil dampening device (ie gracoil), or a mechanical failure.

Doug

4. josh b

josh b TS Member

if your having problems as i did with the gun not cycling for your second shot beretta fixed mine at the grand for nothing just be shure when talking to the beretta people don't mention reloads all they want to hear is factory ammo good luck

5. grunt

Guys, Thanks for the input. I dont shoot any tubes and I thought that my reloads may be to light. So I loaded some 3 drams and today it seemed to work better,But I still had a few times that it wouldnt reset the second shot. I havent gotten around to removeing the stock yet.Maybe there is a spring problem. Ill keep you posted. Dave

6. Gary Waalkes

Gary Waalkes Well-Known Member

Grunt - beretta parts need to be polished and the selector probably has too sharp of a knife edge on it. With the stock off, pull the trigger and use a rubber mallet to reset the trigger. You will see where it is hanging up and you will not have to inspect very hard to figure out what needs polishing.

7. Gary Waalkes

Gary Waalkes Well-Known Member

A good alternative to polishing parts is Cole gunsmithing - ask them to convert to mechanical triggers.

8. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

Could very well be the inertia block lever spring. They either break or get a kink. Then again, it could be a half dozen other things.

Doug

9. grunt

I removed the stock today, I found the metal very dry so I sprayed a shot of Rem oil on the parts and work things to get oil on pins etc. Seems to work freer. Ill shoot it this weekend and see what the results are.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

k80 inertia block