1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Indy Gun show wait time

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by amboy49, Jan 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amboy49

amboy49 Well-Known Member

I guess this is shooting related - or possibly a future lack thereof. Three to four times a year there is a pretty sizeable gun show held in Indianapolis at the old state fairgrounds. Not a lot of high quality guns in evidence, a lot of handguns, overpriced "black" rifles, and an occasional beat up Winchester Model 42 or similar. There is the usual attendance by the camo crowd, the guy with the beat up .22 calibre rifle for sale, and tables of everything from throwing knives to Avon bottles. The attendance is always very good.

Today was the first day of the three day show with a start time of 2:00. I decided to take the afternoon off and take in the show in hopes of finding some 9mm ammo at a decent price. I arrived at the fair grounds at 2:00 and after walking from the parking lot I got into the waiting line at 2:20. After advancing at a slow pace and waiting for TWO HOURS I called it quits. I figured I was still an hour away from the front door based on the number people in line in front of me ! It wasn't even the weekend yet ! I have no plans on making another attempt tomorrow since I assume all of the ammo will be gone. The local news channel was present interviewing the folks waiting in line - and then replaying the "I'm not opposed to some reasonable regulations" inteviewee's comment. All the while standing there with his AR slung over his shoulder with a " For Sale $3,500 " sign stuck in the barrel.

I consider myself reasonably well informed but I'm here to say if I wasn't sure before I am now. "We ain't in Kansas anymore !"

2. new loader

new loader Member

It will be a frenzy on Sat.

3. fast gun

fast gun Active Member

I dont waste my time going to the 1500 show.There hasnt been any real deals there for a good while Most dealers want to give you crumbs for your stuff while selling theirs for gold Besides the parts dealers i buy from are just a phone call away,let fed x do the work. (Just my two cents)

I would like to hear if anyone got a good buy

4. Steve A.

Steve A. Member

Tend to agree with FAST GUN. I have been three times and the last time was over 10 years ago. I cannot imagine the crowds that must be there yesterday and today, but 10 plus years ago there was a long line to get in to the manufacturer's building at the fair grounds and that building was full. Don't know if it is still at that building or now at a larger one.

5. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

It's Naptown remember. It's not Evansville, Terre Haute, Btown, where there are a plethora of other things to do. Standing in line, is a form of entertainment in Indy. LOL

Cheap entertainment for those folks, what else is there to do there?

6. War Wagon

War Wagon Member

Gun Show in Fon du Lac Wisconsin was the same way. Doors opened a 9 and I was there at 11 Fire Marshal stopped people from going inside. Line was 3 deep and a block long. I went to this gun show for years NEVER have I seen such maddness. I went home. GD Democrats have the gun world going NUTS !!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.