1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Indy 500.....ABC

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by dolphin77, May 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dolphin77

dolphin77 Member

Well ABC really did a terrible job of covering the race...extra long commercials. Good race, but man those cars are sensative, I mean when you can't pass when only 2 wide without sending someguy into the gray where he loses control. Danica is great..she's got some attitude, needs to race in NASCAR.

2. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

Too bad it was on free TV. PPV without commercials would have been better. ROFLMAO

3. DoubleAuto

DoubleAuto Well-Known Member

Boring, Boring. No three and four wide racing, no rubbing fenders or bumpers, very little passing among the leaders, and the whole Indy Series revolves around whats Danica doing. Now bring on the big boys. NASCAR will show the tinker toy cars how it is done. The NASCAR

4. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

I watched the race. I wished there weren't so many cautions. They put on a good show. I'm tempted to buy tickets an go see it in person, again!!! It has been a few years since I was last there.

Only difference between NASCAR and Indy racing is that NASCAR has more sheet metal to cover with advertizing!! The complaint about Indy was you couldn't tell 1 car from the other. Well with NASCAR's "car of tommorow" can you tell the difference?

5. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

Danica - Smanica

If she is the future of open wheeled racing they are in deep doodoo!

FR

6. DoubleAuto

The NASCAR 600 had more lead changes half way through the race than the Indy 500 had for the whole race. Bumping, metal scrapping, and no little Andretti wrecking his own team mate. It don't get no better than NASCAR.

7. kehrby

kehrby Active Member

Nascar is nothing but a 200 mph demolition derby. Scraping and bumping isn't racing. Indycar is racing. It takes a lot more finesse to pass when you can't touch than just shoving the next guy out of the way!

By the way I thought the commercials were a little much and I wish they would have let Danica go down there and punch Briscoe in the nose!

Steve

8. DoubleAuto

There must be some reason that former Indy car drivers (including at least one Indy 500 champion) have moved over to NASCAR. Don't see any NASCAR drivers moving to Indy cars. Guess they wanted to come to the most popular racing series and drive real cars instead of the Indy go-carts.

9. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

FRedmon - Are you from NYC or close-by?

10. kehrby

kehrby Active Member

I think if a nascar driver went to Indy he would crash and burn. Like I said, it takes a whole lot more thought and stategy to pass someone when you don't just need to bash into him and shove him out of the way.

Steve

11. Sh00tingStar

Sh00tingStar TS Member

NASCAR, IndyCar, what's the difference? It's 500-600 miles of the longest left turn in racing.

[​IMG]

NASCAR Winning Strategy: 'Drive Fast' - 'Turn Left'

12. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Indy is boring but the cars are a marvel of technology.

If crashes and fender benders are what excites you go to the mall.

Nascar is the WWF of car racing, moves me only slightly.

If you want to see driver skill and good racing go to a sprint, midget, or motorcycle dirt track race.

HM

13. ec90t

ec90t Guest

AMEN! Halfmile.

Pavement is for getting to the race track and all true racing is done on the dirt.

DoubleAuto,

The reason for open wheel racers going to NASCAR is the paycheck. Right now it is paying the best.

ec90t

14. DoubleAuto

And why is a bigger paycheck available in NASCAR? Popularity. NASCAR is more popular because drivers are driving cars that look like cars, a nationwide sport, their leading driver is not a woman, NASCAR relates better to the average American and more races on TV due to its popularity.

15. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Yeah, right. That's why there are Nascar stores in all the malls filled with pimply teenagers and rednecks buying 12 dollar caps because they have a number on them.

chevy vs Ford? Joke city. but the fans, bless them still identify with the supposed brand.

I would like to buy one of those rear wheel drive Luminas.

The France family has done a skilful job of manipulating the public image, and the popularity is amazing.

WWF fills arenas too.

HM

16. ec90t

ec90t Guest

DoubleAuto,

You hit the nail on the head. NASCAR is the perfect sport for the average American. You can ask anyone that knows me, I'm far from average! LMAO!

ec90t

17. chuckles

chuckles Member

I like the part where on national tv Sarah Fisher is crying like a baby because she couldn't get out of the way and ran into Kannan's ride...ending the race for her...is this what the sport has come to....

on the other hand Danicka is kick ass....

18. RogerNRA

RogerNRA TS Member

Well, I was there and it was as exciting as ever. Great race, great crowd, and a great salute to the guys and gals in uniform. You TV watchers don't have a clue.............Roger

19. dolphin77

dolphin77 Member

Oh, I thought the race was great, it was just what a crappy job of covering it that ABC did...WC

20. DoubleAuto

So there is no brand and/or team loyalty in Indy cars? Must not be since you sure don't see Indy stores in malls. Maybe the Indy car drivers need to step up and learn to drive a 3200 lb. NASCAR car versus a 1600 lb. Indy car. I guess that is the reason that a woman is leading Indy cars from Indy to wherever they race. I hope the big bad Indy boys and girls don't get worn out in their 16 race season. The real race drivers of NASCAR will be running their 36 race schedule as usual.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.