1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

INDUSTRY CLASS ???????

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by WarEagle2017, May 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WarEagle2017

WarEagle2017 Active Member

Good Question, but here is another one that I am sure will generate some comments, Question is ::: whay ever happened to the INDUSTRY CLASS I can remember back when there was a Industry Class ( which was suppose to be as I remember anyone that was in the Firearms, Ammunition or related Industries, of which I would think DVD's,,, Instructional Videos, Lesson Givers, those who give classes, or anybody that makes Money from the Sport....

Lets hear the comments.....

2. jevoliva

jevoliva Member

the comments

3. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

I wouldn't care if there were NO classes. I want to beat EVERYBODY.

4. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

The reason is . It was the same five or six shooters every year shooting . In short no interst .

5. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

drhuner just a suggestion your memory of the industry class may be slightly different from the actual requirements for that class. Why not find out exactly what the requirements were first then ask for the comments??

Bob Lawless

6. WarEagle2017

forget about my memory !!!!! ( I hardley have any ) all I was asking is what happened to it , and also suggecting that there should be more people that do fall under that classifaction and recieve or make money from the sport to compete against. If that was the case there would be enough of them to have a class at the bigger shoots and i would know whoes DVD to buy and or gund or compommmnents. consider this at the Big Major shoots we have a AAA class then why not an Industry class COOOOMMMMMOOOOONNNNN BBBBAAAACCCCKKK

7. ivanhoe

My exact point I have no idea what the requirements are to shoot the "Industry Class" therefore anything I or you say would only be speculation and can not be discussed with out assuming information that does not apply to the "Industry Class" as it was. Or are you asking to discuss it as you would like it to be.?

Bob Lawless

8. jevoliva

jevoliva Member

Squibb,

Only about 99 problems with this idea:

1) The biggest -- when I graduated college, I took a small "break". Before our state shoot, I routinely only shoot about 500-800 targets for that target year. Before I graduated, I was AAA/27/AAA. How would you feel about me competing in what is now the equivalent of "C" class? What would be my motivation to get my targets in when I can clean out this class? I would just shoot practice all year long and not register targets (which hurts both the ATA and the state association) and win win win.

2) Second -- this is already done for most shoots. Going from memory on other state shoots and from extreme personal experience with the Indiana State program, our requirements for the state shoot (held in the 2nd week of July, which is right now about 7 weeks before the end of the target year) is 500 singles, 500 handicap & 300 doubles. Penalty waivers for Sr. Ver and Jr/Sub Jr shooting at 1/2 price. In 10 months time, you are telling me that you cannot meet these requirements? If your state is higher -- then complain to the state BOD.

3) For the Grand -- Niels is proposing a change from the 2 class bump/2 yard bump no less than 25 yard if don't have 1000/1000/1000 to a 1 class bump. This should be the highest requirement in the land. Name another National or World championhsip in another sport in which you don't have to qualify for.

I too believe that a "Pro" class in the ATA. I also believe that we should have a good, viable candidate for President. If wishing only made it so...

Comments?

9. Dennis DeVault

Dennis DeVault Well-Known Member

If you go back in history you will find that the Industry class was done away with during the year that Lucky Nightengale was president. I asked why it was going to be done away with and was told that the ATA did not have the money to spend for trophies on the few that were participating. I shot Industry for several years and it was a way to make the write off for the company legit. Everything was tax deductable. Every year I see less and less of Industry representation at the shoots and it is just another example of poor leadership that will be the continuing demise of our sport.

Dennis DeVault

10. WarEagle2017

Lucky Nightengale Funny you should mention His Name I shot with Him last night, He is just recovering from Back surgery, although doing pretty good.

11. ivanhoe

Mr. DeVault when you were shooting industry was the dues to the ATA the same cost as a yearly membership? The question is motivated by curiosity.

I would like to know more about what the qualification for shooting the industry class. I just can't seem to recall who was and wasn't eligible to shoot the Industry Class. I did locate some information but it is very vague. I would just like to know they are a part of shooting history.

Bob Lawless

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.