1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Indoor range near Bloomington IL

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Trappy12, Jan 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trappy12

Trappy12 Active Member

Well my trigger finger is getting really itchy, it's been much much too long. Does anybody know of any indoor range within 20 minutes of Bloomington that allows you to rent handguns? Also, do you have to be 21 to rent one? (I'm 20) Thanks for your help guys.
    -Trappy

2. SeanGamble

SeanGamble TS Member

Check out G.A.T guns, I believe it's in Dundee. You can rent pistols there not sure about age.

3. Eric XT

Eric XT TS Member

Dundee is a long way from Bloomington. I'm pretty sure you have to be 21 just to buy ammo for a handgun so I would bet you have to be 21 to rent a handgun. I had to have my mother rent me guns from the range when I was under 21 and most of the time the ranges want to have two people 21 or over to show their ID and FOID cards to rent a gun. If you're ever up around my way (southwest of Chicago) I would be willing to let you shoot some of my handguns at the range.

4. tanda1

tanda1 Active Member

Don't believe there are any within 20 minutes of Bloomington.

5. 100straight

100straight Member

Darnalls Gun Works is 10 minutes out, has an indoor range, rents handguns...

see link above.

Mark.

6. Paper Skeet

Paper Skeet Member

Hey Trappy. We are having a SASS Cowboy shoot at the range (Darnall's) on Saturday morning. The indoor range will not be open until 1:00 PM after the shoot. If you would like to shoot with the cowboys, drop me a note tonight at djvandc@yahoo.comxx (drop the xxs). You will need: 1. Your FOID card. 2. A belt (I have holsters) 3. $12 registration fee. 4. 100 rounds of 22 LR ammo (You can buy it at the range). 4. An alias (Trappy will work). 5. Keep quiet about your political affiliation (just kidding).

Registration starts at 8:30. Safety meeting is at 9:30. We ususally shoot 4 or 5 scenarios. I have guns you can use.

Jack

7. RoadKingPerazzi

RoadKingPerazzi Member

Darnalls owes me well over $100,000. They are the initial drug dealer where I shot, in 1970, my first round of trap with a 3" goose gun, then shot my first round of skeet with it (shot a 16) and was hooked. Then they sold me an O/U, my first reloader (MEC 600 Jr)and my first case of AAs. Moved away after four years, but everyone knows the story on how much this has cost me since then!

8. elinvar

elinvar Member

there is a new indoor range in macon IL- Just south of Decatur.
    Not sure what the name is but I hear it's nice.

TJ

9. 100straight

100straight Member

If you aren't a conservative I wouldn't be advertising that fact at a gun club!

10. Trappy12

Trappy12 Active Member

Paper Skeet, didn't check this until now but we are having a few hundred sorority girls over for lunch this morning. I'll drop you a line, thank you.
    100straight, well I'm not dead so far and I've been able to hold my own alright! (Though I'm not dumb enough to advertise that fact...)
    -Trappy

11. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

I shot a ATA shoot at Darnall's several years ago. I was the very first person to register for singles and caps. I ended up shooting last in singles and first in caps because some lady who couldn't speak english screwed things good. Never shot there again. My fault I guess.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.