1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Indiana Trapshooters - Homeground

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by rtclark21, Oct 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rtclark21

rtclark21 Member

I thought I'd start a new thread about the potential move to Ceraland (the other was bogged down with misc. BS from you know who).

I think that the meeting went very well. Lots of interest from the trapshooting community, SCTP, and a few skeet shooters. I was apparent that the Ceraland officials were excited and fully supported the transition. The same was true from the ITA. Don Barker and Tom Matthews did a great job explaining the potential transition and answering questions. I've tried to cover some of the highlights below (feel free to add):

1) Ceraland's amenities would be completely accessible to shooters and families during the state shoot. Some of these include miniture golf, driving range, lake w/ boat rental, access to the gym, weight room, horseshoes, baseball, etc.

2) I can't remember the qty. of trailer spots...I think it was around 315 (please correct me if I'm wrong).

3) (20) new trapfields on 100' centers. (4) would be lighted initially with more to follow

4) dedicated golf-cart path from the trap fields to the campground

5) dedicated entrance from the main county road to the trapfields to ease access for trailers

6) wooded background throughout

7) new clubhouse, with design oversight from the ITA

8) potential spring and fall shoots to be managed by Ceraland (ITA does not want to infringe on weekend shoots from member clubs)

9) anticipated state shoot tentatively scheduled for 2013 (potential move subject for review and approval from ITA member clubs)

10) Indiana Gun Club to remain as-is before and after transition - lease terms would be negotiated with existing tenant

Overall, I think this is a great move and would not only increase participation, but also provide a awesome facilty to shoot at. I'll try to get a copy of the proposed site plan and post to the ITA website.

Thanks to the ITA for all their hard work...hopefully there is more to come!

RC

2. t-bar

t-bar Member

Thanks for the update. Sounds great for Indiana shooters.

Barb

3. Hank55

Hank55 Member

I'm not that familiar with the area but for those of us who don't camp and live in the northern part of the state, are there motels in the area to accomodate a more than normal influx of guests?

4. Jason B

Jason B Member

Thanks for posting this Ryan and good idea starting a new thread. It was nice talking to you at the meeting even if you did go to Purdue.

The future of the Indiana State Trapshoot is very bright. I was amazed to see the size of the crowd yesterday.

There are a ton of details that have to be worked out as well as countless if's, and's or but's to be resolved but at this point it is very exciting to consider this a very real possibility after years of speculation, opinions and rumors. Major thanks go out to Don Barker for his endless work on this project and getting it to this point. Don, Tom (ITA President), Curt (Columbus Gun Club) and Jim (Ceraland) all did a great job laying out where we are right now, where we can go from here and answering any and all questions/concerns. There is no doubt that Ceraland is the perfect partner in an endeavor such as this.

I for one am definitely looking forward to the future of trapshooting in Indiana.

5. rtclark21

rtclark21 Member

Hank, there are several hotels on the Columbus exit from I-65 (on US 46) and a few on the Edinburgh exit (US 31). The commute from either location is about 10-15 minutes. There are also hotels downtown Columbus. Plenty of restaurants too.

6. mike2010

mike2010 TS Member

Ryan, great job getting this posted for all to see,and to help keep the Indiana trapshooting community informed.Thanks Mike

7. FlaLagarto

FlaLagarto Well-Known Member

RC,

Thanks for posting.. sounds like great things to come for IN and it's shooters.

Jerry B

8. plaw

plaw Active Member

Ryan , It was good to see so many for this meeting, I spoke with Tom Matthews today and he too thought it went well, thanks for all your hard work on the ita web site. shoot well......

9. indycamster

indycamster Member

This is a remarkable opportunity to have a world class shooting-family facility. Everyone who has been to the Cardinal Center in Ohio, knows the family features there and the fine shooting. Although not as large (20 vs 42 traps at Cardinal) the amenities are better at CERAland. Motels and fine restaurants just up the road. And if you really want trouble or night life, Indy and or Louisville are only an hour away. I would encourage all Indiana shooters to contact your local club owner/management and encourage them to support this move. "A rising tide, floats all ships the same." This would be good for all clubs and shooters in the State and beyond. Tom and Don have done a great job to get the discussion started.

10. IndyShotgun

IndyShotgun TS Member

"the amenities are better at CERAland [than Cardinal Center]"

Listen, I'm all for people talking up their deals, but saying that the South Side of Indy is better and more attractive to visitors than the North Side of Columbus, Ohio is really going too far - or it's not knowing the difference.

If you're after amenities, the current location is the best spot in Indiana.

11. IndyShotgun

IndyShotgun TS Member

Is Cummins selling ITA some land, or will Cummins own the Indiana Home Grounds?

Will this be a new or existing range under IC 14-22-31.5-7?

Has anyone checked CERA's zoning to see if such a use is permitted?

Is CERA titled in such a way that a bankruptcy or sale of Cummins involves a transfer of that land?

It was said that "Ceraland's amenities would be completely accessible to shooters and families during the state shoot." Will access be at a free or reduced rate or at CERA's standard rates?

If you covered this in your meeting, post the Minutes.

12. jevoliva

jevoliva Member

Indy, if these questions were so important for you to ask, then why didn't you go to the meeting?

And until you prove you are an ATA member, I doubt you will get any minutes, if any were taken. This was an informational meeting & informal - not an official meeting of the ITA BOD.

Time to put up or shut up my friend.

And yes, the amenities AT CERALand beat the amenities AT Cardinal. Sounds like you have been to neither. Maybe you should think before you type?

13. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Why should Indy start thinking now.

Don

14. IndyShotgun

IndyShotgun TS Member

I get tired of your weasley responses. Give me answers in the format I want, not in a place or manner that you can package them.

Or don't give me my answers, and keep quiet. But if you open your mouth in a response to one of my posts, only do so to answer my question in the manner requested.

Simple enough for you?

"And yes, the amenities AT CERALand beat the amenities AT Cardinal. Sounds like you have been to neither."

Been an abundant number of times to Worthington and Greenwood. Only a backwoods bumpkin with no taste would choose Greenwood or think Greenwood has more to offer.

"Indy, if these questions were so important for you to ask, then why didn't you go to the meeting?"

Because I was at the #1 gun event in the Midwest. Didn't see you there. Do you like guns?

Plus, it looks like you guys aren't too forthcoming with information, when asked. Far better to ask the questions in a truly public forum, so everyone can see that basic information that should be publicly available is being withheld.

15. trapshooteraa27aa

trapshooteraa27aa Well-Known Member

Windy indy practice what you preach. Your about as clueless as they come.

16. IndyShotgun

IndyShotgun TS Member

Do you even understand what I write, Little Kitten? Do you get what's being said, or do you just make really shallow insults against the side you don't like?

Thanks to you, Don and Oliva for ruining this thread with your rudeness and trolling. It was a good thread until you trolls showed up and spouted all sorts of off topic garbage.

It's like you don't know what's really at issue, but you know who your friends are, so, in absence of the ability to think for yourself, you jump in on the side of your friends. While unthinking loyalty is useful in a gang fight, it's not so useful in a verbal debate, as you make your side look pretty dumb.

17. IndyShotgun

IndyShotgun TS Member

"Indy, if these questions were so important for you to ask, then why didn't you go to the meeting?"

Because I was at the #1 gun event in the Midwest. Didn't see you there. Do you like guns?

Plus, it looks like you guys aren't too forthcoming with information, when asked. Far better to ask the questions in a truly public forum, so everyone can see that basic information that should be publicly available is being withheld.

18. jevoliva

jevoliva Member

I'm sorry, what does Worthington and Greenwood have to do with this discussion?

This is a verbal debate? I guess this proves that you do hear voices in your head.

Ryan, over and out - hate to be accused of "high jacking" a thread...

19. IndyShotgun

IndyShotgun TS Member

"I'm sorry, what does Worthington and Greenwood have to do with this discussion?"

Oliva, are you trying to shake one off from last night? Wake up. Get some coffee, and post again after you've had some time to clear your mind.

20. FlaLagarto

FlaLagarto Well-Known Member

Indy..

What's your name??

What's your ATA number??

"I get tired of your weasley responses. Give me answers in the format I want, not in a place or manner that you can package them"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.