1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Indiana trapshooter passes

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by cubancigar2000, Jun 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Longtime Indana ATA member Bill Cooley passed away Wednesday. Bill shot at a lot of the Indiana & michigan clubs but mostly at St Joe valley Conservation club. I shot with Bill many times many years ago and my memories of him are that he was a gentleman all the way through. I have thought of him many times through the years and am very sorry to learn of his passing

2. rooferbob

rooferbob Active Member

Our prayers go out to his family and friends.
    RIP
    rooferbob

3. rtclark21

rtclark21 Member

John W. "Bill" Cooley, 79, of Fort Wayne, passed away Wednesday, June 8, 2011 at Methodist Hospital in Indianapolis. Born in Fawn Grove, MS, John owned BC Upholstery and was a member of ATA. Surviving are sons, Dennis (Lisa Hand) Cooley of Ft. Wayne and John (Tammy) Cooley of Indianapolis; daughters, Renee (Joel) Sherrill of Fishers, IN, June Riley of Mantachie, MS, and Paula (Tony) Christopher of Anniston, AL; 15 grandchildren; two great-grandchildren; brother Frank; and sisters Doris and Ruth. John was preceded in death by his wife of 42 years, Hazel Mae Cooley; parents James Clayburn Cooley and Velora Cooley; brother Darrel; and sister Laura. Service is 2:00 pm, Saturday, June 11, 2011 at D.O. McComb and Sons Lakeside Park Funeral Home, 1140 Lake Avenue with Rev. Joel Sherrill and Rev. John Cooley officiating. Visitation from 6 to 8 pm Friday at the funeral home. Burial in Lindenwood Cemetery. Memorials may be made to the Red Cross, in honor of his grandsons serving in the military. To sign the online guest book, go to www.mccombandsons.com.

4. powderburn

powderburn Member

I think Bill shot a few times at Deer Creek Conservation Club in Jonesboro, IN a few years back. I remember that name, and recall him being very polite to talk to. I was scorekeeping back then and also setting targets in the house. I'll try my best to smash 25 straight the next time out in his memory.
    -powderburn

5. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Back in the late 80's - early 90's I went to Deer Creek with Bill & he broke a 99

6. Quick 1

Quick 1 Active Member

I'm sure everyone who knew Bill feels as I do, we have suffered a great loss. Bill was one of my closest friends, plus a next door neighbor. He was very honored to be in the Indiana Trapshooting Hall of Fame and valued all the friends he had made. Bill was a man of sterling character. RIP my friend.
    Mike McGee

7. hoosier

hoosier TS Member

My condolences to the family. You are in my prayers.

8. Janet

Janet TS Member

Sympathy to family and friends.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.