1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Indiana Trapshooter Jerry Wall Passed Away

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Doctor_Chicago, May 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doctor_Chicago

Doctor_Chicago Member

Glen Park Izaak Walton League, Second Vice President Jerry Wall, died Monday May 14th, 2007 from an apparent heart attack, less than two hours after attending our Board of Directors Meeting. There are no details yet available. He had just attended the Northern Indiana Zone Shoot over the weekend.

Jerry was the key man in making our Club run - he was fondly known as the Grand Poobah in a kind of jesting way. Jerry always tried to bring enthusiasm and humor to everyone. There is much I could write about him but I would rather have some of you write those words.

I will post additional information when I receive it.

2. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry.

3. WilliamMR

WilliamMR Active Member

Above everything else, Jerry was a friend. He loved shooting trap and competing in ATA events. He made our club a place where guys would come, even if they weren’t going to shoot. He had an upbeat attitude every day. There wasn’t anything that he would not do for the club. Just last night at our BOD meeting he commented that he was going to come to the club this morning and cut grass. Trapshooting in NW Indiana will not be the same without him.

As the Grand Poobah, Jerry allowed himself one luxury, besides his cigar. He always shot on squad 1, post 3 at our ATA events. It will be difficult not having him squadded up.

Bill Radwan

4. juststartin'

juststartin' Member

Jerry Wall ate dinner at our trailer Saturday night at the Northern Zone, and as always, was full of life and humor. He loved to laugh. And he loved to take the time to explain simple things to anyone who needed help. He was one of the first people I met at when I started shooting, in '99, at breakfast, with John Jose and my Dad. Our sympathies go out to his son, Randy, Granddaughter Ashley, and Grandsons Matt and Nick. The Glen Park Ike's will never be the same without him around. My suggestion, Bill, is that Squad 1, Post 3 never be filled, in memory of him.

And no, he won't easily be forgotten either. He was everyone's friend who had the priveledge of meeting him...

Tom & Janet Strabavy

5. kreith

kreith Member

I started shooting at Glen Park just over 2 years ago with my mother. Jerry took us under his wing and introduced us to many of the shooters that frequent Glen Park. Every Wednesday I shot, he was always there attending to the trap houses, cashiering, and doing whatever was needed of him. Even with all that he had to do, he always would say or holler "hello". Over the past two years, I have been able to learn many facets of trapshooting from Jerry and will miss the opportunities to ask the little questions (especially about doubles). He was one of the good ones. He will be very missed.

Cory Kreith

6. juststartin'

juststartin' Member

7. pullbangloss

pullbangloss Active Member

This is with out a doubt a shock. I too had dinner with Jerry Saturday night and when I heard about his passing this morning I was stunned. Jerry was always a nice guy to be around and will truely be missed. Our thoughts and prayers go out to his family and all of his trap shooting family.

Matt and Rick Krizinski

8. juststartin'

juststartin' Member

9. Pull007

Pull007 TS Member

This is a very big loss for the Glenn Park Izaak Walton. Jerry was a great guy who was always upbeat and very helpful. I just started Trap Shooting about a year ago and Jerry was always very helpful in conveying his insight and knowledge to help me out. He really did a lot for the club and was very appreciative of those who would help out. He will be missed.

Dave Jones

10. WilliamMR

WilliamMR Active Member

For those that would like to pay their respects to Jerry's family, the above link has details of the arrangements. The telephone to the funeral home is: 219-942-9866.

The trap range will be closed tonight. However, the gate and traphouse will be open for those that want to stop by. Marlin will put on some coffee, and the bar will be open.

Bill Radwan

11. Doctor_Chicago

Doctor_Chicago Member

When Jerry won the Doubles Trophy at the Grand a couple of years ago, I think that everyone finally realized that "Hey - this guy is a Champion". Although everyone at our Club already knew that Jerry really was a "GRAND CHAMPION".

12. UltraMikeXT

UltraMikeXT TS Member

Even though I only have known Jerry for a few months, he was one of those people that made an impression on you instantly. Before I started shooting at Glen Park, I visited the club in November of last year. Jerry was one of the first guys that I met there. He was laughing and joking with some of the other members while we were talking, and I thought to myself, this is the type of club that I want to belong to. Stangers come up to you, introduce themselves and talk to you like they have known you for years. There was just something about his personality that made you happy to be around him. He will be missed.

Michael Boese

13. WilliamMR

WilliamMR Active Member

The traps will be OPEN this Saturday, May 19th. Hours are the same, 10 AM till 2 PM or thereabouts. Or till the last shooter leaves.

Bill Radwan
    Glen Park Izaak Walton

14. Janet

Janet TS Member

Sympathy and prayers go out to family and friends on the passing of another great trapshooter.

Janet CJ

15. Doctor_Chicago

Doctor_Chicago Member

When I was at the club Wednesday - you'd expect for Jerry to walk in at any minute and say:

"HOW 'YA'ALL DOING!!"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.