1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Indiana trap site-need help

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by tcr1146, Jan 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tcr1146

tcr1146 Well-Known Member

I thought I had the site stored on my favorites!? Could someone supply the website for Indiana Trap Association please? Thanks, Tom Rhoads

2. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

http://www.indianatrap.com/

3. tcr1146

Okay, since I could not find what I needed to know on that site, could someone tell me the dates of the Northern Zone shoot?! I think it is 30 & 31 May but I need to know! Thanks, Tom Rhoads

4. Jason B

Jason B Member

I was just looking for the same thing Tom. This was on Roland's Delegate report for Feb'09:

After the last article, I found out that the Indiana Southern Zone will not be May 16 & 17, but will be held May 9 & 10 at the Indian Creek Shooting Center in Georgetown, Indiana. The dates for the Central Indiana Zone Shoot are May 30 & 31 at the Fall Creek Valley Conservation Club and the Northern Indiana Zone will be at Fulton County Gun Club May 30 & 31. Please plan to attend the Indiana Zone Shoots. These are always well-run shoots and a lot of fun.

5. tcr1146

Thanks Jason. I could not find on the Indiana website. Tom Rhoads

6. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

IN Northern Zone – May 29 – 31 - Fulton CO
    IN Central Zone - May 29 – 31 - FCVCC
    IN Southern Zone – May 8 - 10 – Indian Creek
    US Open – June 11 - 14
    Illinois - June 15 - 21
    Ohio - June 23 - 28
    Michigan – June 30 - July 5
    Kentucky - July 1 - 5
    Indiana & Minnesota - July 6 - 12
    Wisconsin & Southern Zone - July 13 - 19
    Iowa - July 20 - 26
    Central Zone Shoot - July 31 - August 2
    Grand American - August 5 – 15
    Cardinal Classic – August 19 – 23 ?

7. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Why Would the Northern Zone and Central Zone be shot on the same weekend ?? The only answer I can think of is the ATA and clubs holding the Zone shoots don,t need a real big turn out .

You know Registerd Trap is a very small group and some like to shoot both or all three Zone,s . I,m Northern Zone but like to shoot with the Central Zone people also . I guess it,s a good way to save shells ??

ALF

8. jevoliva

jevoliva Member

ALF -- couple of reasons:

1) Each club has an "assigned" Sunday every month which they can hold a registered shoot. 5th Sundays are open. If the club wants to shoot the Saturday before their assigned Sunday, they can do so if they wish.

2) In Indiana, we have the 50 mile rule. Basically, if the club is having a registered shoot, another club within 50 miles cannot have a registered shoot. This 50 mile radius rule overlaps into other zones.

3) During the state zone shoot, all other clubs IN THAT ZONE are "blacked out" from having a shoot, regardless of the 50 mile rule. So, for example, when Indian Creek has the Zone (Louisville area), Evansville cannot have a shoot, even though we are outside the 50 mile radius.

So, when we have two zones on the same dates, it brings up the fact that ALL other clubs in the zone (AND any clubs in a 50 mile radius that would be outside of the zone, where applicable) would have to adjust their dates that month to accommodate the movement of that club's assigned date . I (and I believe the rest of the BOD) would have no problem with that if it can be worked out will all the other clubs in the zone AND any clubs that would be in a 50 mile radius of that club -- example would be Columbus, IN - they are in the Southern Zone and are VERY close to Atterbury, who is in the Central Zone. If Columbus would like to change the date of their zone shoot off of their assigned date, not only would they need to have agreement from all other clubs in their zone, but they would also need agreement from Atterbury, who lies in their 50 mile radius, but is outside of the zone.

Also (although this is not a factor this year, but was last year), the SUNDAY of the zone shoot MUST be in May.

In the end, is a basically herding cats. But if a gun club owner wanted to hustle and get all the agreements in place, it could (possibly) be done. Once the agreements are there, the BOD would have to vote on it.

The gun clubs knew about the overlap back in July. If you want to see one of them moved, I would suggest call the club owners for the clubs in question.

John

9. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

John I do thank You . I think I will just shoot practice that weekend . Oakwood is always open .

10. rtclark21

rtclark21 Member

Hello all - I'm currently updating the site with shoot info, programs, and dates, so please continue to check the site over the next several weeks for updates.

If you see anything that needs to be added or modified, or have any suggestions, please let me know.

Thanks in advance,

Ryan Clark

11. kriegazzi

kriegazzi TS Member

Oakwood. Did I hear Oakwood? Your skeet gun must have arrived. I'll reserve you a time on the skeet range. May even let you shoot with us!!! Maybe. Maybe not.

12. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

kriegazzi Stop ??

I,m trying to keep from shooting with the Rochester Pro and sure not going to take on the Oakwood Pro .

ALF

13. juststartin'

juststartin' Member

14. Superdog1

Superdog1 TS Member

Between the northern and central zone hosting clubs you only have about 80 miles. I know 50 miles is the rule of thumb for regular shoots, but I would have to agree with ALF_99, the same day for these two shoots seems to just KILL the attendance for both shoots. I live 1/2 way between both, and I will have to choose which one to shoot! "It never rains at Fulton County" (Don Barker told me so!)so I guess I will have to go up their and steal all of the out of zone trophies! I would like to be my own Zone champion, but it might just rain in Anderson!

15. 320090T

rwm12, when was it changed? I have a postcard from the state secretary with all the dates on it. That's what I have gone by.

16. 320090T

Found it, changed it in the above thread, Thanks!!

17. jevoliva

jevoliva Member

Honestly, I forgot that he posted those shoot dates above. Yes, the Southern Zone Shoot date has been moved, but not really changed. The date published by Richard Taylor in the postcard was incorrect due to a clerical error dating back to the annual meeting. Richard had written down that Indian Creek would have the shoot on their "normal" weekend and wrote that down as the thrid weekend. However, Indian Creek normally shoots on the SECOND weekend. Richard did not catch that error until he was informed about the error by either Roland King or Wanda Seitz and that was after the postcards went out. Richard has claimed full responsibility for the error, has apologized to Vincenness gun club and is taking care of changing a registered shoot date for them. The correction is to be published in Feburary's T&F in Roland's delegate report and the reason why it was not in sooner is the deadline for those reports is the 1st of the month prior to the report being published (i.e. Feburary is due Jan 1). We did not discover the error until December and that is the reason why the correction will be published in February. I believe (and please understand, I do not know for sure) that we check the registered dates for southern zone clubs when the found the error and did not find any conflicting dates AT THAT TIME. If Vincennes already had their dates in by that time, I apologize for not catching it.

Officially, both Richard and I deeply apolgize for this error and any inconvienece this has caused.

Also, I will be bringing the issue of overlapping Zone shoots to the BOD at our next meeting. If they are in agreement, we will bring it to the gun club owners at the annaul meeting to try to instiute a plan to stop the zone shoots from overlapping. This problem has existed in the past many times before, but I cannot remember another time where the Northern and Central Zones overlapped twice in a row.

Please keep checking the ITA site as new information is being posted on a weekly basis.

John

18. jevoliva

jevoliva Member

The calendar of events on the ITA website has been updated to relect the correct dates of the Zone shoots and the State Shoot.

John

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.