1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Indiana State Shoot Shoot-Offs - Criticisms....

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by jevoliva, Jul 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jevoliva

jevoliva Member

As most of you that shoot the Indiana State Shoot, I have helped run the shoot-offs for the past 5 (or more) years. For those of you who have been in a shoot-off or have stuck around to watch them, I am asking you for constructive criticisms, comments or concerns about how the shoot-offs are ran. We are always interested in trying to make our processes better and since this will be my only area of focus next year, I would like it to be one of the best in the country.

If there are any other comments about the state shoot as a whole, I will make sure they get passed on to the board.

Thanks,

John Voliva<br>
    Ex-Officio (for approx 20 more days)<br>
    Indiana Trapshooters Association<br>

2. Superdog1

Superdog1 TS Member

I have been in the shoot-offs for the past 3 years. I have had great experiences each time. I think you have done a great job. The notifications are given in plenty of time, check-ins are handled great, and the shoot-offs themselves are done with class. More of what you have been doing would be great.
    Tom Antczak ,Jr.

3. jevoliva

jevoliva Member

Thanks Tom (Quack Jr?) for the kind words...

I posted this thread because of a comment from another thread, "Voliva was in some MI state shoot shootoffs and I didn't hear him complaining and I have been at and in a couple of his that didn't run to smoothly." Running these things is definitely an acquired skill and I am always looking to improve the whole process. Any and all comments, good and bad, are definitely appreciated.

John

4. Quick 1

Quick 1 Active Member

I quit trapshooting for over twenty years, restarting in 2008. One of the biggest improvements I have observed at the Indiana state shoot were the shoot-off procedures. Keep up the good work.

5. phirel

phirel TS Member

John- I do have a criticism. My name was not called for a single shoot off. I did not miss a target during the Indiana singles championship and I was still left out of the shoot off.

Pat Ireland

6. pullbangloss

pullbangloss Active Member

John,

You know where I stand on this issue. Keep up the good work.

Sorry I couldn't make it to your state shoot this year but look forward to 2011.

Matt Ski

7. KS user

KS user TS Member

I was in A shootoff in 2008,and i thought it went very smooth.It is not an easy task, kinda like trying to herd chickens,lol.Keep up the good work. Brandon

8. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

Chickens heck, CATS! Good job John, Roland, and the rest.

9. t-bar

t-bar Member

John, been there and done all of that. Can't make "em" all happy. I thought it went extremely smooth.

Barb

10. 686beretta

686beretta TS Member

I think you all run a very efficient shoot, I would like a small change in the options. I would like the Lewis to pay maybe 50/30/20, and also have a Great Eastern Purse. JMHO.

11. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Didn't get in a shootoff this year, but last year I had the privilege of participating in a couple. The only criticism I might have is - it was a little disconcerting to learn the shootoff results were being tabulated by people who attended Purdue. Purdue?? Those people were already confused enough by just having to find their way to the home grounds, much less doing anything else. Give em a break, 2 things in one day will confuse em.

Purdue is for people who couldn't get into Ivy Tech.

12. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

JV I think you do an excellent job. Any errors I may have been referencing were 2 or 3 years ago.

The only one affecting me was probably 3 years ago when I and the other shooter were called to the line in pouring down rain. Larry(director) and I went to the line other shooter a no show, he was standing on the porch. We went back to the table and it was announced again both of us to the line, Larry and I went and continued to get soaked, other shooter doesn't show. Back we go the table and a 3rd time we are called to the line, Larry and I go back out in the rain and the other shooter no shows and is still standing on the porch. The other shooter should have lost after the 1st time, especially with him standing right there. I'll tell you who he was the next time I see you.

I think I missed a shootoff Sun. but I had to leave. My fault.

Don

13. phirel

phirel TS Member

Don- I would have certainly enjoyed seeing you stand in the rain three times. If you and I ever tie and it is raining hard, you might get to do it again. I will not stand on the porch, I will hide around the corner.

Pat Ireland

14. Superdog1

Superdog1 TS Member

I hope these responses have sent you the right message- I am honered to have been part of those shoot-offs. They were run as best as anyone could expect. Keep up the good work.
    Yes- this is Tom (quack) Antczak jr.
    I am most likely the only one to have called for a target (during a shoot-off) by quacking, but it was raining, I was wearing a yellow rain parka, and I may be just a little over weight! Seemed like the thing to do to me! Besides, I had a whole squad consisting of juniors, sub-juniors, and me. We all had a great time, and those kids will never forget that year- we all had hats (the quack squad) made to wear as our "team uniform". We still laugh about that every time we get together. That is what this is supposed to be about- competing, having fun, and making memories for years to come!
    Thanks for your addition to these shoot-offs. Don;t let anyone rattle your cage- top notch program!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.