1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Indiana State Shoot - 2009

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by jevoliva, Jun 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jevoliva

jevoliva Member

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/43ToFq4njNk&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/43ToFq4njNk&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/c5VTNJ8Xu-4&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/c5VTNJ8Xu-4&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I took a couple of videos on my iPhone of the improvements to the Indiana Gun Club in preparation for the 2009 State Shoot. The first video is of the revamped trap fields that were re-done to take the curve out of the line, fix the (many) broken walkways and most importantly, TO ENSURE THAT WE WILL BE ABLE TO SHOOT PAT TRAPS ON ALL PROGRAM AND PRACTICE TRAPS! That's right, if you have not heard yet, the 2009 Indiana State Shoot will be shot all on PAT Traps! Thanks to Larry Atwood, Don Carlton and everyone who helped out on this project to get this done in time for the shoot. It has been a wet spring in the Indianapolis area and has not been an easy job. The PAT traps have been paid for and will be arriving on July 1st or 2nd at the IGC, ready for install over the weekend.

The second video shows the improvements done to the inside of the clubhouse at IGC. Thank you to Philip Baker, manager of the IGC, for all of his hard work in getting the place in tip-top shape for the State Shoot. The bathrooms inside the clubhouse have also been re-painted with new toilets installed and the outside bathroom/shower houses have also had improvements to them.

I would like to thank the Board of Directors for all of their hard work, both in and out of the meetings, to make this one of the best state shoots we have ever held in Indiana. 2009 will be awesome and I hope everyone gets a chance to come to the IGC this year. To date, we have raised enough money already to cover almost 30% of the cost of the new traps.

I will be posting some additional updates to this thread about the state shoot as they arise. Please let me know if you have any questions!

Thanks,

John

2. jevoliva

jevoliva Member

One thing I forgot to mention, I do have one correction to the 2009 program -- there will NOT be a Novice nor a Lady II trophy for the Singles Class Championship. The trophies should have been stricken from the trophy list and I failed to make sure that they were removed. I apologize for the error. Also, target requirements for the 2009 All-State team have been decreased, in light of the shortened target year. I will post the new target requirements shortly.

John

3. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Lookin good John.

Don

4. Browning Guy

Browning Guy TS Member

Looking foward to it.

5. jevoliva

jevoliva Member

New State Team Target Requirements for the 2009 Indiana State Team

List reads from left to right:
    TEAM - SINGLES - HANDICAP - DOUBLES<br>
    <br>
    Men - 2000, 1200, 800<br>
    Women - 2000, 1200, 600<br>
    Veteran - 2000, 1200, 600<br>
    Sr. Vet - 2000, 1200, 600<br>
    Junior - 1500, 800, 400<br>
    Sub Jr. - 800, 800, 200<br>

Hope to see everyone there!

6. Browning Guy

Browning Guy TS Member

7. jevoliva

jevoliva Member

8. RunGunIPSC

RunGunIPSC TS Member

Love the shoot. Best part were the "Floaters". Do they still have those at the shoot? Man,they were great!!! They were greasy hamburgers that were fried up before the start of lunch & then thrown into a pan of hot water & left to sit. That is what you got served if you wanted a burger. I worked with the Purdue Univ. Trap team in the mid-80's & a bunch of team members ate these,even though they were warned.) They ended up so sick they could barely shoot. Getting stuck in the parking lot mud after a hard rain. My son winning the Sun. short yardage championship shooting a 97 & a 25,he ran 3 of 4 traps,dropped 3 on the 3rd trap.
    Earl T. won it that yr. with a 98. Lived in the East Chicago,Munster area for 53 yrs,shot it a lot. Now in MT,too broke down to shoot registered,but still break a few once or twice a week.

9. Browning Guy

Browning Guy TS Member

10. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

Big Don... when in the heck am I gonna get to meet you? I'll be at the club next Sunday tuning up the newly acquired (at the Ohio State) K-80 Top Single w/Harlan Wenig stock. Will it shoot better? Don't know but it sure is good lookin!

John G.

11. Jason B

Jason B Member

Nice video's John, the fields & clubhouse look great, can't wait...just a week and a day away. Now you've got me wanting to upgrade to the new iPhone with video.

12. Browning Guy

Browning Guy TS Member

13. The Stive

The Stive Member

I was just wondering, did you fix the banging door? John

14. kaboom

kaboom TS Member

Last year target prices were $26 and a case of targets cost $8. This year targets have gone down a dollar a case but Indiana prices have raised to $28. What's up with that? One of the finest ranges in the country only charged $26 last week.

15. bill2

bill2 Member

Lets see here now? I thought I could click on those little red X's in the upper left corner and see pictures but it don't work. Right click gives no option to open? I'll be drifting around if someone would help. Bill2

16. WilliamMR

WilliamMR Active Member

It's just possible the ITA locked into target prices for several years, which would account for why the target fees did not go down. Just my guess.

Bill Radwan

17. jevoliva

jevoliva Member

To answer a few questions:

RunGun -- no more floaters, although I do remember them. I too was on the Purdue T&S team. Boiler Up!

Jason -- pimpin ain't easy -- I'll show you the new toy next week. It is pretty awesome.

The Stive -- hopes are that the banging door will be fixed.. We have the doors and the are ready to go. Philip has been getting the run around with Lowe's on getting them installed. Issues with the hardware.

kaboom -- I assume you are talking about Ohio State Shoot. If we had a sugar daddy like the OSTA, we would have no problem with decreasing the prices for the targets. Since we don't and we need to provide for yearly maintenance for the grounds, the price increased. We will re-visit next year if we can get lower prices AND the upkeep of the grounds slows down a little. Historically, we locked in the 2008 target bid in December 2007 before the target price jump of 2008. We did the same thing this year before the target price drop. Perhaps Mr. Fishburn would like to build another facility in Indiana? BTW, I have the Illinois & Michigan programs right here. Their target prices are $27 per 100. Michigan is $27 per 100. Also, I will nip this right in the bud now, 2009 Indiana State Shoot target prices were decided and locked in before the decision to purchase the PAT traps. AGAIN.... the decision to purchase the PAT Traps had ZERO influence in the 2009 Target Prices.

Bill2 -- no idea why you are having problems. I can see and play the video in Mac OS, Windows XP and Vista. Can you see other YouTube videos on other threads?

Trying to play around with doing a daily video update from the grounds. Found out today that uploading videos directly from the phone are limited to 2 minutes. Will mess around with this a little more...

Let me know if y'all have any additional questions.

John

18. leadspreader

leadspreader TS Member

sure gonna miss the shoot this year. good luck to all you Hoosiers especially you guys from columbus and north vernon!!

19. jevoliva

jevoliva Member

Also -- for anyone that is on twitter -- I am going to try to "tweet" updates from the state shoot. You can click on the above to follow.

John

20. Gun Run

Gun Run Member

Hi John:

Thanks for all the updates & video as well. I'm impressed. Mary & I will use Monday as a travel day & be ready to shoot Tuesday on.
    later,
    Wayne Downham / Camden, IN

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.