1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Indiana Shooters - Jon Moore Information

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by jevoliva, Jan 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jevoliva

jevoliva Member

I have been exchanging e-mails with Jon' son, Scott and asked permission to share the information here. Any contact you can provide to Jon will be appreciated!

From Scott's e-mails:

"John, I didn’t see you this year at the state shoot as I took the year off from shooting due to Dad’s progressing Alzheimer’s. Dad has gotten to the point where my brother Wayne nor I can give him all the care he needs, so he is now living at the Indiana Masonic Home. His mailing address is:

Jon Moore<br>
    c/o Indiana Masonic Home<br>
    690 State Street<br>
    Room # 327 B<br>
    Franklin, IN 46131<br>

I thought you could pass this information on to whom ever you deem appropriate. Right now he knows me most of the time but doesn’t at others, but always enjoys talking about trapshooting."

And:

"Dad was very private about his illness in the beginning, and didn’t want me to tell anyone but we are past that point now.

I know he would love to hear from some of his shooting friends. On my last visit he was not having a good day at all, and about the only reactions I got out of him were when we were looking at some pictures Dawn and I had brought and one was of he and I at the Grand, he really liked it and the one of my daughter and grand daughter, he kept going back to those.

I will keep you updated on how he is doing from time to time."

Thanks for your consideration,

John Voliva

2. t-bar

t-bar Member

note sent to Jon. Thanks.

Barb

3. Dark Horse

Dark Horse Member

Thanks John V. for sharing. I had no idea. Last I knew, Jon had retired to Florida.

Jon loved to tell a particular memory (that I will not repeat except to Jon) of me shooting at the old Bargersville Gun Club.

Jon not only loved this dumb game but he also gave back to the sport.

Alzheimer’s is such a cruel disease.

Mark

4. John Thompson

John Thompson TS Member

Scott, John V

Next time you visit with Jon, ask him about the "monkey making love to a football". We were waiting to shoot doubles at Jaqua's and Edgar Kulenschmidt was on the squad in front of us. I told Jon Edgar reminded me of the monkey. He used to start laughing when he saw me just thinking about the monkey. Before he got remarried, he would meet my son & daughter at NE Indy taverns. I used to kid him that if he and my daughter got serious, maybe he and I could shoot as Father & son team. He liked to drink with my son who is 6'6" and weight 270, he said he could never get in trouble as long as he was around.

John Thompson

5. John Thompson

John Thompson TS Member

Scott, John V

Next time you visit with Jon, ask him about the "monkey making love to a football". We were waiting to shoot doubles at Jaqua's and Edgar Kulenschmidt was on the squad in front of us. I told Jon Edgar reminded me of the monkey. He used to start laughing when he saw me just thinking about the monkey. Before he got remarried, he would meet my son & daughter at NE Indy taverns. I used to kid him that if he and my daughter got serious, maybe he and I could shoot as Father & son team. He liked to drink with my son who is 6'6" and weight 270, he said he could never get in trouble as long as he was around.

John Thompson

6. Gun Run

Gun Run Member

Hi Jon:

Thank you for sharing the information concerning Mr. Moore. I paid particular attention to the fact he is now liveing at Franklon, IN, the Masonic Home. I'm sure he will be quite confortable there, as I know several others who reside there as well. I too belong to the Faternity. Wayne Downham / Camden, IN

7. jevoliva

jevoliva Member

Thanks for the messages so far. I will make sure they are passed along to Scott.

John T -- I can attest to Edgar's shooting style. I don't think anyone down here has put the two of those together. Can't wait to get back out to the Evansville Gun Club again... :)

John

8. Dark Horse

Dark Horse Member

up for Jon

9. jevoliva

jevoliva Member

up for Jon

10. jevoliva

jevoliva Member

up for Jon

11. t-bar

t-bar Member