1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Indiana shooter Bill Gray passed

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by 320090T, Sep 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

Bill was a great guy and a pretty good shooter too. Condos to his wife.

2. Tom Strunk

Tom Strunk Well-Known Member

Met Bill Gray and his wife at Spanish Fork, Utah in June of 07 when I came out of retirement, wonderfull people.

Shot with Bill in 08 also, he was a great shooter, my sincerest best wishes to his family.

Tom Strunk

3. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

His family and friends are in my thoughts.

4. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

He won the North American Clay Target Championship, the hardest trapshooting title to win that there is.

5. mkstephen

mkstephen Active Member

Back in 1977 Bill Gray had never ran 200 X 200. At the Indiana State shoot Bill broke his 200 X 200 and shot off ending with 478 straight to win the Clay Target Championship.

At my first Kingen's Gun club shoot in 1979 I watched a man bring 500 shells out and set them on the practice trap. (They came 500 to the case back then.) He started shooting practice singles until his squad was called then he went out and shot at 100 in the program. He came back and started shooting practice handicap until his squad was called then he went and shot at 100 handicap targets. He came back and started shooting practice doubles until his squad was called then proceeded to shoot at 100 doubles targets. He shot all of his practice targets alone on the trap. At the end of the day he had shot 500 practice and 300 registered.

I don't remember his scores but being a new shooter to the sport I wondered who this man was that shot from the time he came to the shoot until the last shot was fired.

Later I found out his name: Billy Gray.

Bill was a great shooter and will be sadly missed. Condolences to his family.

Michael Stephenson

6. harpo_old

harpo_old Guest

I just knew who he was when i would see him at a shoot, anyone know how old he was?

7. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

67 years young

8. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

I stand corrected about Bill. He did not win the North American Clay Target Championship. Hell of a shot though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.