1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Indiana primary - just a few days away

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Bisi, May 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Indiana primary is May 8, just a few days away till we get the chance to say goodbye to Dick Lugar.

Lugar received an "F" from the NRA, his opponent Mourdock got an "A". That ought to be enough reason to say goodbye to Lugar. If you need more there are dozens, just do a little research.

This is all going to come down to who turns out. If gun owners and conservatives decide to stay home ole Dick Lugar will be back in office being Obama's favorite.

I've been disappointed in some of the people I've talked to, they are sitting it out because the big race - the Presidential, is already settled.

This senate race is plenty big. Get out and vote and take 10 people with you. I wanna say goodbye to ole Dick Lugar - Tuesday evening.

I just hope the clowns in Naptown don't put Lugar back in office.

2. dalog

dalog Member

God help us if "the big race - the Presidential, is already settled".

I don't believe it is, but either way we MUST take back the senate and hold the house! So anyone thinking of setting this one out is in in effect supporting Obama as far as I am concerned.

3. b12

b12 Well-Known Member

It sickens me just to think people would be so stupid to re elect that POS Obamm. You could write a hole book on things that dumbass has screwed up in the last 3 1/2 yrs. Geeeeeeesh.
    Then that moocher Prick Lugar that has lived off the stupid taxpayers for 30 some years. If people would get into the daily life of these politations we all would not be in such a mess. Wild Bill

4. crusha

crusha TS Member

Take heart, Bisi...the independent poll that had Lugar ahead by 7 a month ago, now has him behind by 10. It looks like that large number of undecideds (23%) in the earlier poll are beginning to break for the challenger. It would appear that if he's had 36 years to make an impression on voters, and still hadn't sealed the deal with 23% of his own primary voters a month before the election...he might not be in good shape?

Heh. Heh heh. Are you listening, Missus Keet?

And furthermore...when Indiana gets our 15 minutes in the sun this year, I think people are going to find that we are _not_ like Delaware, or Nevada. Hoosiers are pragmatic, and Obama knows he's not winning the state this time around. So, that means Joe Donnelly potentially gets to run against a Tea Party candidate, in a Senate election in a Republican state, taking place in a Presidential year when there's a very unpopular Democrat at the top of the ticket.

Indiana could well become the first state to elect a Tea Partier to the Senate.

5. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

buzzy, I'm just afraid a lot of people are going to stay home. Romney has got the nomination, so a lot of people who would show up to vote for the Presidential race might not make the same effort to vote Tuesday.

The old line Republican guard, governor, LT governor, state house workers, GOP county chairman, local office people, etc. will show to save one of their own - Dick Lugar. Why because 30 years ago Dick Lugar shook their hand or had a picture taken with him.

This is getting to be one nasty race between members of the same party. Kinda fun to watch. Ole Lugar is still a Republican isn't he? If you believe his ads he makes Rush Limbaugh look like a bed wetting liberal.

6. crusha

crusha TS Member

Bisi,

Yes, the old line guard will show up. But remember, Indiana is an open primary state, and there is another unfriendly force who will show up, with different motives, namely: Democrats who want an "easier" opponent to run against in the fall. Supposedly, Lugar's campaign has been micro-targeting Democrat voters, reminding them they can cross over and cast a vote for Lugar. Now, I'm just a dumb-ass country boy, but I can see the obvious problem with that logic.

If and when a bunch of unemployable OWS freeloaders show up to vote for Mourdock, Lugar may have cut his own throat. Do I really think he's able to micro-target Democrats that effectively, when he can't even reckon his own party's voters accurately?

Nah. Stick by your Telly. Stanley Cup playoffs on one channel...and my right thumb toggling over to Lugar's unplanned retirement party on the other channel, and a Leinenkugel's Black & Tan in my left hand. It's gonna be schweet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.